adding a fixed topbar

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:23 am
Hi,
I am trying to add a fixed topbar (like cloudhost template) and I am trying to follow this documentation: www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-tem ... e-position

but I can't manage to do it. What is the problem, Where will I add the php code, what will be the css settings for the toolbar not to stay under main menu?
link: makyaj

1. added a <positions>toolbar</positions> tag in templateDetails.xml
2. gk.const.php doesn't exist, skipped it
3. tried this code in some locations in default.php

<?php if($this->API->modules('toolbar')) : ?>
<div class="newstyle"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="toolbar"
style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['toolbar']; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 am
I'm trying to find this element on your page but it doesn't exist. Is there any module published in that position?

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 am
Cyberek wrote:I'm trying to find this element on your page but it doesn't exist. Is there any module published in that position?

Sorry I am adding it again.

-The position is named "toolbar" and there is a module published on toolbar named "çekiliş"
-the php code is inserted: please look attached file (may be wrong location)
-class="newstyle" is not added to css file
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:04 am
I guess the problem is with double quotes. Some browsers copies them wrongly :/.
Please try this code:
Code: Select all
<?php if($this->API->modules('toolbar')) : ?>
       <div class="newstyle">
          <jdoc:include type="modules" name="toolbar" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['toolbar']; ?>" />
       </div>
<?php endif; ?>

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:05 am
Ps - do not copy "CODE: SELECT ALL" - this is a snippet allowing to easily copy entire code to clipboard.

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 pm
Hi Cyberek,
Yes that was the problem, now I can see the module, but it is located (hiding) under "main menu"

How can I fix it to the top of the screen on top of the main menu same as cloudhost template.?

thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 pm
Would you like it to be sticky with the header?
If so then you should put it inside of:
Code: Select all
<header id="gkHeader">

element.
Styling it is completely different thing and to be honest - this kind of changes are not under our technical support (you need to "design" the look and find frontend developer to do this payed custom job or ask any (me included) gavick moderator).

GK User
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:14 pm
no I don't want something complicated, I only want a toolbar sticked at the top of the screen.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm
Then move the code as I have mentioned (it will assure it is sticked with header containing it) and simply position it between other elements the way you like.

GK User
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:15 pm
No problem.
If you will have any other questions (not relative to this thread), feel free to post new forum threads - it allows us to answer you faster.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.