Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC

GK User
Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem..

I am making a free website for a kid in Bali, he is trying to get into fashiondesign, so I decided to help him out with making his website. Therefore I am using the free webhost , www.000webhost.com.

I uploaded the joomla 2,5 template and in the frontend I got the following error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/a5169950/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/view.php on line 22

I tried to look up the solution myself, but it is a little bit confusing for me. Could you help me on my way? Or isn't there a solution at all, because the free webhost is using PHP version 5.2.

hopefully you can help me, help him

grz Glen
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 am
What exactly is you PHP verison 5.2.0? If yes the minimum required version by Joomla is 5.3 » Technical requirements - Joomla! Documentation

Please note that 5.2 is very old release and Joomla recommends 5.4+ PHP versions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 pm
Joomla 2.5 can be installed, because I have done that before with other sites. And no problem to get in the backend of joomla with this one. They even have a tutorial on who to install Joomla, so it is possible. Can I do something with the code on that line mentioned in the error... line 22. Or go around News pro if that is why it doesn't work.I know it is not ideal, but have to think out of the box, because those kids in Bali can only use free webhosts to develop their ideas.

This is what they say on theFAQ of 000webhost..

Their FAQ:

You may get this error because all .html files are parsed as PHP here. So, if your .html file contains "<?" or "?>" tags/text (which shows for file parser that PHP code started), you get this error. This can happen with XML files if they are not using correct content type.

If order to fix this error you need to remove "<?" and "?>" symbols or entire tags with these symbols from your HTML page source.

But this is not an html site.. I have looked it up, but I am not strong with code.. I have seen that you have to alter something in the files, but not sure what to do. So if you know how that would help me, I will do the work than, need direction from a code master ;-)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated..

PHP Errors: Why I get ".. unexpected T_STRING ..." error?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 am
What exactly is you PHP verison, 5.2.0?

Please try to download latest NSP version and reinstall it. For sure there is no problem with module because it is working fine in quickstart version and in other templates.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.