GK Contact translate problem

Steak House, food and drink theme, is now available on support forum.
GK User
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 am
I have translated GK Contact with poedit. Named gk-contact-steakhouse-fi_FI.po gk-contact-steakhouse-fi_FI.mo and both are added to same folder were original lang file was. My site language is fi, but contact form is still in English.

Also I am wondering why there is not displayed any message that message has been sent, shoud it been so?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:48 am
Translations are now working, I put files to different folder and different name..
But I still would like to have some info displayed when message is sent.
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:43 am
Hello,

You should see the message "Your message has been sucessfully sent." at the top of your website (page is refreshed when the message is sent and top dark bar with the message should be visible)

GK User
Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:57 am
I can see that page is refreshed, but no message is visible. I have changed some colors so maybe that message color is black and not visible because of that?
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:45 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

Joshua M
Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:16 am
Hello,

I've sent the message on your website and can see the top dark bar with white text color: "Viesti lähetetty", so it works properly.

Joshua M
Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:23 am
You can make the message fixed (sticked) to the bottom of your page (then will be visible in both cases) by adding the following custom css code:
Code: Select all
.gk-contact-error, .gk-contact-success, .gk-reservation-error, .gk-reservation-success {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 95px;
  width: 100%;
  z-index: 3;
  height: 100px;
  line-height: 100px;
  background: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);
}

adjust it to your needs.

GK User
Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:05 am
Thanks, but it didn't help :( Work just like earlier.
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 am
Please clear your browser's cache (or try another one), because I can see the message at the bottom now. (underneath the contact form)

GK User
Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 am
I already did that after that change and still does not work for me :D But I keep trying then.
Thank you :)

Edit: now I can see the change. That is perfect! Thanks!!
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.