Deprecated error on pages

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:48 am
Report this post
hi there, i am using storebox 2.5 for a customer site, i have lately started getting this error

Deprecated: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/thefxzgf/public_html/templates/gk_storebox/lib/framework/helper.layout.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/thefxzgf/public_html/includes/application.php on line 536

i have no idea how to fix this, i have even disabled the error reporting in php.ini, it seems like a small issue to remove if you could please help me as i dont want to have to rebuild my site!

my domain is
www.thefxgroup.co.za
please assist!

thanking you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:53 am
Report this post
Hi

I think You may have a newer PHP version on Your server than the codding is prepared for. Keep errors disabled as a solution to that. Anyway joomla 2.5 has been stopped releasing long time ago. You really should update to the newest joomla to not only make it compatible with newest software but to secure it from hacking attempts.

GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm
Report this post
is their a quick way to redo the site in joomla 3 with the same template other than reconstructing the entire site again??
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 am
Report this post
Hi

You may try to leave the template as it is and update joomla. When errors will start to pop out replace template files mentioned in this errors form the J3 version.

GK User
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 am
Report this post
so i got all right, when i try to do the site upgrade...
i checked all my modules etc, and all was clear, when i do the upgrade

i get this
Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home/rirotheconco/public_html/plugins/system/plg_gkextmenu/plg_gkextmenu.php on line 42

please assist/?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am
Report this post
Hi

Just delete this plugins (there will be couple more mentioned). New versions can be found in rest_files package of the template.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.