Quantity in product detail

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 am
Report this post
Hi,
when I change the quantity and I add to cart, pops error

http://gabriellastore.cz/index.php/bags/sac9-detail

Could you please help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:39 am
Report this post
Hello,

In my opinion it is a bug in the VirtueMart scripts not in our template - please contact with the VirtueMart technical support.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:42 pm
Report this post
Ok, thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:10 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:Hello,

In my opinion it is a bug in the VirtueMart scripts not in our template - please contact with the VirtueMart technical support.

I´m experiencing this problem with quantity box in both cart and product detail page in all your templates (bikestore, shop and buy, storebox, store front) since 2.6.0 o 2.6.6 update.

If you us default beez template it works fine

Problem description, if you try to put number in the quantity box it returns an NaN value and a system message.
(in product details view)

In the cart page, if you try to update quantity input and then re calculate order, button does nothing.

I have renamed

/httpdocs/templates/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/_cart

/httpdocs/templates/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/_productdetails

VM works but looks ugly

I hope you can guide us with solution
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm
Report this post
Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:50 pm
Report this post
I've disabled overwrite VirtueMart files and looks like the same happen - could you check this issue with Beez template? For me the view is reloading but cart is not re-calculated…
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:44 am
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:I've disabled overwrite VirtueMart files and looks like the same happen - could you check this issue with Beez template? For me the view is reloading but cart is not re-calculated…

I-ve checked with beez template and product quantity form in product details works fine as well as the quantity update in cart.

I have similar issues in websites with bike store and shop and buy.

I hope you can find a solution soon
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:37 pm
Report this post
hello duasluas, i have the same problem with shop and buy template

version template 3.11.1
virtuemart 2.0.26d
joomla 2.5.19
what you belevie that i should do???

thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:50 pm
Report this post
Could you check whether the same problem appears when you rename this file : root/template/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm
Report this post
ok, its been corrected!!!

thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:06 am
Report this post
hello again, what you were doing on the subject of the message in the box quantity?? on product details page for http://www.zacheshop.gr?

because , we did reset-restore, we did not get a copy and forced that rebuild the same problem..

thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:32 pm
Report this post
As I can see this issue is duplicated can we just move discussion to one forum topic?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:37 pm
Report this post
yes certainly
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:02 pm
Report this post
duasluas wrote:
dziudek wrote:Hello,

I´m experiencing this problem with quantity box in both cart and product detail page in all your templates (bikestore, shop and buy, storebox, store front) since 2.6.0 o 2.6.6 update.

If you us default beez template it works fine

Problem description, if you try to put number in the quantity box it returns an NaN value and a system message.
(in product details view)

In the cart page, if you try to update quantity input and then re calculate order, button does nothing.

I have renamed

/httpdocs/templates/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/_cart

/httpdocs/templates/gk_templatename/html/com_virtuemart/_productdetails

VM works but looks ugly

I hope you can guide us with solution

Not a pretty solution, but it works :-) Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:21 am
Report this post
So i don't understand if there is a solution or not for this problem.

I can rename the default.php in the cart folder and the update in the cart works fine.

But I cannot rename the default.php in the productdetails.php because then all the storebox style is missing and ugly.

Can someone please tell me how the quantity in the add to cart button can be fixed.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:31 pm
Report this post
We will release an update for latest VM in next week for supported eCommerce templates where this problem not exists. The issue is caused by differences between VitueMart latest view and supported template version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:43 pm
Report this post
ok, thanks.

So to check if the update is available I just go to this page, right?

https://www.gavick.com/updates.html
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am
Report this post
Yes, exactly. In template settings when you click on Updates you will also get notification about new version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 pm
Report this post
Excellent, thanks a lot.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:39 pm
Report this post
Hi

I am using J2.5.22
VirtueMart 2.6.6
Shop & Buy template v.3.11.1vm

I renamed the default.php to _default.php in $template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails. and while the problem of NaN goes away all styling is lost,

I still see the NaN error when manually adjusting the quantity of products. I also get an error pop-up but it only shows an exclamation mark.

I used the link to the updates page at https://www.gavick.com/updates.html?tas ... 85&catid=4 but the Download link for Shop & Buy returns an error 404.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:45 am
Report this post
@tapiochre when you rename template/html/com_virtuemart directory all is fine in your case?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:16 pm
Report this post
Hi there

bkrztuk wrote:@tapiochre when you rename template/html/com_virtuemart directory all is fine in your case?

I followed these steps:

1. Before renaming anything, I checked the problem exists by loading the page and tried to change the quantity. When clicking "Add to Cart", the popup is displayed with an exclamation mark and, at the same time, the quantity field is changed from what I entered and now shows "NaN"

Goodlayout_badQty.jpg

2. Renamed the gk_shop_and_buy/html/com_virtuemart directory to gk_shop_and_buy/html/bak-com_virtuemart

3. Visited web site and refreshed page where the problem was seen

4. The layout is no longer as seen in 1 above. I now see fields/content that was not seen before I renamed the directory

BadLayout-GoodQty.jpg

5. The + and - options DO work but I do not see + and - symbols, just black boxes which change colour on hover

6. When changing the quantity field manually and clicking Add to Cart, the behaviour is correct.

So, the big problem changes from one of the NaN error to a problem of layout, positioning and visible content!

I can email a URL if you wish to investigate?

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:59 pm
Report this post
5. The + and - options DO work but I do not see + and - symbols, just black boxes which change colour on hover

This buttons are just removed from our overrided views according to template design. Please try to overwrite all files in html/com_virtuemart with this ones » https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6620832/com_virtuemart.zip
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:

This buttons are just removed from our overrided views according to template design. Please try to overwrite all files in html/com_virtuemart with this ones » https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6620832/com_virtuemart.zip

Hi there

Thanks for the advice.

I backed up the old content of /html/com_virtuemart directory into a /backup/ folder and then uploaded the content of the unzipped file from DropBox. Sorry to report it has n=made no difference. When changing the quantity manually. as soon as the quantity box loses focus I get the ! error in a popup and the quantity box changes to NaN.

Happy to keep working with you to get a fix!

Chris
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:06 am
Report this post
Can I get the access to your files? Please use PM and provide me FTP details.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 pm
Report this post
bkrztuk wrote:Can I get the access to your files? Please use PM and provide me FTP details.

Hi, I have the same problem with the quantity box in Storefront template, StoreBox template, Instyle Template and Shop a Buy template. Is there a solution for this yet?

Regards
Andy
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:29 am
Report this post
This issue is related with some changes in VM script and exists only in latest VM version. We are preparing an update which will resolve this problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 pm
Report this post
I tried to download the update, but there seems to be an error on the download page of the storebox J2.5.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:18 am
Report this post
Package is available here » Joomla 3 Templates from Gavick.com
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:55 pm
Report this post
I am having the same issue. Will the current Shop and Buy J2.5 correct the issue? You had linked the J3.0 one so just wanted to make sure before I do an update.

This one: https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla- ... ndbuy.html

Thank you!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 am
Report this post
@apesays - you can check it by replacing only the html/com_virtuemart directory - as I see on the repository there was few VM updates in the template.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 pm
Report this post
dziudek wrote:@apesays - you can check it by replacing only the html/com_virtuemart directory - as I see on the repository there was few VM updates in the template.

That fixed it! Thank you!

You rock! :)

BTW, if anyone else has the same problem with the same Joomla 2.5 template, download the template package only, not the quickstart. It appears the updates were not loaded into the quickstart files. (Not sure why I DL'd that one first, but ahh well.)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 pm
Report this post
I've got the same problem. Unfortunately the link doesn't work.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.