Short Description on VM single category page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:05 am
Report this post
Hi,
I have already searched this forum as well as Google but I have not found a solution that worked, so, here I am hoping that one of the genius here will be able to help me!
I have a total of two questions:

1. I have tried all different types of html tags including <br>, <br />, div tags, p tags, and h tags in the short description but I have not been able to show "country" and "dob" in two separate rows. Then, I have copied the code from one post in this forum to add to a file to convert the text editor of the short description into an html one but, even that has not helped me. http://192.185.154.195/~global/index.php/sponsor-a-child
I would greatly appreciate it if you can be so kind to share the solution with me if you know it.

2. I would like to show the same short description on the product detail page in the same way, meaning, to show "country" and "dob" in two separate rows.

Your prompt reply to this post will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Kindest regards..
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:12 am
Report this post
Hi

1. Has this view been modified already ? I do not see a short descriptio being displayed in the clean demo. I will need you to send me /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php file to me, so I'll see the code.

2. Ok. Looks like an FTP access would be better since this task is also a code hacking. Please send it to my PM.

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:26 am
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,
Attached; please find the file that you have requested.
By the way, I haev already sent you the PM with the ftp info as per your request.
Thank you!
Kindest regards..

P.S. Please see the screen shot to see how the short description should display:
scrn-products_shrt_desc.jpg
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

I have replaced line 189 of the file /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php

Code: Select all
<div class="product_s_desc"><?php echo JHTML::link($product->link, strip_tags($product->product_s_desc)); ?></div>

to

<div class="product_s_desc"><?php echo JHTML::link($product->link, $product->product_s_desc); ?></div>

than I added this line to /html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php to line 309

<div class="product_s_desc"><?php echo $this->product->product_s_desc; ?></div>

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:03 am
Report this post
Simply genius!
I am grateful for your great service and thank you and Gavick for hiring such a great talent as you!
Kindest regards,
Saeed
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:51 pm
Report this post
Hi

Thank You for this kind words. I'm glad I could help :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.