VM Thumbnail - Lightbox Issue

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:53 am
Report this post
Description:

When I click on the thumbnails on my site and newly installed quickstart - they download at full size, and they dont open in the lightbox at all but replace the main image? No navigation arrows either left or right?

Links:

My Working Site:
http://ww.gravicsdesigns.com/store/index.php/shop/gardentools/wooden-ladder-detail

Fresh Quickstart Install Unchanged
http://ww.gravicsdesigns.com/Store/index.php/shop/product-details-layout

Demo Current on Gavick Site
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storebox/index.php/shop/product-details-layout

Note: This was installed using the quickstart provided by Gavick no Virtuemart updates have been made.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:18 am
Report this post
Hi

Tell me more about this. What browser You have this problem in? What system?

Works for me every time, so it may be not related with website. Can You check on different computer ?

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:43 am
Report this post
The same happened to me... The pictures are not in lightbox but in whole page... How can i change it and make it like the picture above?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:55 am
Report this post
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE

As far as I know the Gavick Demo works in my browsers, but not on mine.

Please Follow Diagram:

My Site:

1 Clicking on the thumbnail results in main product image change as seen in 2.
3 The navigation arrow buttons also dont work on the lightbox.
4 When page loading, I notice slower image loading.
I think the full size image loads and not the scaled VM thumbnail. (Ive checked links to thumbnail - all correct)

Demo Site:
Clicking on1a results in 2alightbox with navigation arrows.

I have spent hours trying to solve this, when I installed a fresh quickstart I realised that did the same.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:36 am
Report this post
This is the same problem I think - please can I have a copy of the v3.8.2 quickstart - Ill start from scratch and sort my own problems out

BAD CHANGES MADE IN TEMPLATE V3.9.1 compared to v3.8.2
by kristobal1969 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi all !
For search engine : Image popup additional images product detail page template Storebox v3.8.2 to V3.9.1

I spent nearly two hours to find the problem after updating storebox template ! If you encounter the same issue, I am pleased to help you.

The changes appear in the product detail page, when you show your product image and additional images
1 - The first image was displayed twice
2 - The additional images in the detail product page would not pop up anymore. They do in fact, but you have to select them, then they appear at the place of the first main image and then, you click on it and get the popup. Too long and not able to navigate in the additonal images !

I decided to make the change in the index.php file located here : /gk_storebox/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/index.php????

Here are the changes I made to get back to what it was (and what it is on the demo site). Around line 119
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 am
Report this post
Please can I have a copy of version 3.8.2 quickstart for storebox. The fix by kristobal1969 can't be found with his link provided. The quickstart version currently available for members 3.9.1 is not working correctly and should be corrected.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:11 pm
Report this post
Re: BAD CHANGES MADE IN TEMPLATE V3.9.1 compared to v3.8.2
by bkrztuk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 am

That is the change that they made in VirtueMart, please switch to Beez template and you should see the same.

The quickstart was and still available to members. I fail to see how VirtueMart is to blame when Gavick quickstart wasn't tested?

Are you suggesting in a condescending way that if we don't like it use the Beez template?

Because Bkrztuk that wasn't helpful to anyone reading your reply post. The current quickstart storebox should be fixed?

The link given does not exist and can't be found in the VM components folders.

Please can we registered members have a solution because it will effect everyone who has installed the current storebox quickstart.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:00 pm
Report this post
:oops: I found the link - was in the templates folder
templates/gk_storebox/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/index.php
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 am
Report this post
Hi

Please do not bump your own thread. Question was being moved to the end of the line all the time and i could not get to it faster. Ill ask programmers for the older version of the QuickStart. Please tell me your email address so ill send it to you.

GK User
Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:00 pm
Report this post
So how can i make my web store to have the desire result.. I want the photos to be in the light box as it was at the beginning...

Please try to help me...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 pm
Report this post
Hi

@Chris_pap87 please show me a direct link to where I can see an example. Maybe it will be easier to find out what is wrong while looking at Your site.

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

@Chris_pap87 please show me a direct link to where I can see an example. Maybe it will be easier to find out what is wrong while looking at Your site.

Hello my Friend,

You can try this link..
http://www.pentagon-store.com/index.php/pants-uniforms/bdu-rip-stop-jacket-detail
It is for a product. As you can see the picture in left side shows the product, but if i want to see the other pictures and i click on a picture, this picture is loading seperately in the tab, but i want to show the picture in a pop up light box. At the beginning, before 2 months while i was setting up the website it worked fine, but after an update package this light box disappeared.

Please give me your help because it is very unproffesional view for a website to not have pop up light box.

NOTICE that you must log in into the website as

demo
demo
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 pm
Report this post
Hi

I see an error in fancybox. Please just let me know which VM version is that.

teitbite
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Report this post
Hi

Here is an answer from programmers:

I can see multiple instances of jQuery being loaded which could cause errors.
Try suggesting or using jQuery Easy plugin for test purposes which will only load it once.
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ipts/18327

GK User
Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 pm
Report this post

I see an error in fancybox. Please just let me know which VM version is that.

The version of the VM is the updated one and cause me a serious problem and now the cart is not working... How can i fix that problem? Now my web store is not working correct and i have a huge problem.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 pm
Report this post
Hi

If VM update is a problem than just revert it back to the last working, when template will be updated to this VM version You will update VM and template at the same time.

About image popup: bkrztuk also told me to check VM settings for jQuery. Please make sure it's set the same as in quickstart.

GK User
Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm
Report this post

If VM update is a problem than just revert it back to the last working, when template will be updated to this VM version You will update VM and template at the same time.

About image popup: bkrztuk also told me to check VM settings for jQuery. Please make sure it's set the same as in quickstart.

I'm now trying to restore all the details before the updated version and then we can check again.. Your help and bkrtzuk's is really important.. Thank you very much..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 am
Report this post
Chris_pap87 wrote:

I'm now trying to restore all the details before the updated version and then we can check again.. Your help and bkrtzuk's is really important.. Thank you very much..

Hello again my friends,

Yesterday night i have restored all the details and now the cart is working, but with the problems i have mentioned before, like that when someone is pressing the button "add to cart" VM add the product to my cart but i can see what i have added into the cart only when i'm pressing the floating circle button of the cart.

At the beginning this procedure was different.. When someone was adding a product to your cart a pop up light box window apearred on the screen and informed the quantity, the product, the total cost of the cart and you had the abillity to continue shopping or to go to check out the order..

Now this procedure is lost.. So can you help me to improve this part and also the same problem with the popup light box window of the product pictures..

Waiting for your further comments and help..

Best regards,
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm
Report this post
Hi

Looks like the problem is because of the changes in VM. Programmers are working on the update of the style, so please wait till an update will be released.

Please observe this page https://www.gavick.com/index.php?filter ... Itemid=399, when update will be ready it will be available to download from this page along with the list of files which needs to be replaced.

teitbite
Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 pm
Report this post
Hi

There is some more details about the issue:

Ok I've downloaded bikestore quickstart. Install it and then Update VM to latest 2.0.22c version and in fact in VM admin settings there is set our template for VirtueMart default one. Looks like they change the way how template is displayed and the solution is set this option to default Joomla! one. The VM is working fine and even VM changelogs all is described as not feature changes but bug fixes (not in layouts). When the settings are set to use default J! template all is working fine and our override views looks properly.

According to VM updates, the core version is 2.0.22 and we usually update VM to main version not to a,b,c,d,e,f like they want to name their component. If you look at VirtueMart update you will see interesting message http://d.pr/i/v6eA that it is not recommended to use different version 2.0.22a for multilanguage websites (this version is latest supported by our templates). So what we should do right now ? Release two different versions of every store template for multilanguage and single language websites ? It is really pointless...

What is more VM Update will NOT change the VirtueMart settings so the only solution right now is to advise users to apply this change in VM configuration - we don't have any way to change this during template upgrade process.

GK User
Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 pm
Report this post
Hello, I have the same problem with a template gk_quark - can I get the latest patched version?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:30 pm
Report this post
Hi

It cannot be the same problem, because this thread is over 2 years old and VM version has changed as well as our framework for template. Please create a new thread on the forum and describe Your problem there. I'll check it.

GK User
Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:42 am
Report this post
Hi. I’m using a INSTYLE template. When I Click on the first thumbnail in the product detail page, the photo open itself in the fancybox and the navigation (prev and next) buttons worlk fine. BUT if i click from the second photo, it’ll open the fancybox but the navigation button (next and prev) doesn’t work. How to fix it?
I’M using Virtuemart 3.0.9 in Joomla! 3.4.3
Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:28 am
Report this post
Hi

Please tell me the url to Your site and show where to click to see the issue.

GK User
Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:50 pm
Report this post
This is the link
http://icomweb.nazwa.pl/ferplast/index. ... -mt-detail

If you click in the first image it’ll open in the pop up and the nav next and prev. works well. If you click on the second, third, etc... image it will open in the main and if you click to enlarge the next and prev button doesn’t work and sometimes they don’t appear.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:39 am
Report this post
Hi

I've checked this popup, but I'm afraid this is how fancybox works. It's a popup script which comes with Virtuemart, so we cannot interfere with that, sorry.

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:50 am
Report this post
Hi. but why here in your template it works well? https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storefront/
If you click on the second photo the pop up open and you can go in the next photo and in the previous one.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:55 am
Report this post
Hi

It's a different version of fancybox. Good You've found that, so I believe all You need to do is to update this script and everything should be working ok. Please try and let me know so I'll pass this information to programmers as well.

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:57 am
Report this post
where i can find the updated script of fancy box?
thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:30 pm
Report this post
I try to update the file fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack with the new one,,, but nothing!. The next and prove button appear but doesn’t work. I’m wondering how you make it work on https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storefront/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 am
Report this post
Hi . This is the new situation. I’ve uploaded the new “fancyBox v2.1.5 called "jQuery.fancybox.pack.js" in ....com_virtumeart/assets/js/fancybox
I called the script in “default_images” vmJsApi::addJScript( 'fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack', false);
Now when I click on some photo of products (different from the first) it open itself in the main and then click again and pop up will open and also appear the navigation buttons. The problem is that if you click next or prev you go always on the same photo :(
Any idea?
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:19 am
Report this post
SOLVED!
I delete the default_images_additional.php in template/html/com_virtuemart/productdetail/ and left the original one installed with virtuemart. It works! here the code of the original one:

<?php
/**
* Show the product details page
* @package VirtueMart
* @subpackage
* @author Max Milbers, Valerie Isaksen

* @link http://www.virtuemart.net
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2004 - 2010 VirtueMart Team. All rights reserved.
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
* VirtueMart is free software. This version may have been modified pursuant
* to the GNU General Public License, and as distributed it includes or
* is derivative of works licensed under the GNU General Public License or
* other free or open source software licenses.
* @version $Id: default_images.php 7784 2014-03-25 00:18:44Z Milbo $
*/
// Check to ensure this file is included in Joomla!
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<div class="additional-images">
<?php
$start_image = VmConfig::get('add_img_main', 1) ? 0 : 1;
for ($i = $start_image; $i < count($this->product->images); $i++) :
$image = $this->product->images[$i];
?>
<div class="floatleft">
<?php
if(VmConfig::get('add_img_main', 1)) {
echo $image->displayMediaThumb('class="product-image" style="cursor: pointer"',false,$image->file_description);
echo '<a href="'. $image->file_url .'" class="product-image image-'. $i .'" style="display:none;" title="'. $image->file_meta .'" rel="vm-additional-images"></a>';
} else {
echo $image->displayMediaThumb("",true,"rel='vm-additional-images'",true,$image->file_description);
}
?></div>
<?php endfor; ?>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:00 pm
Report this post
Hi

Brilliant. Great You were able to solve it by Your own. Sorry I couldn't get to this thread earlier, but because of the bumps date of last activity was changing and pushing this thread at the end of the line. Please next time try just to edit last post so time will stay same and I'll be able to get to it faster.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.