Image Show GK4 after update not working

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:02 am
Report this post
I made regular update to Joomla 3.5, last version of VM and also News Show GK5 and Image Show GK4. After this Image Show is no longer working with errro in JS console:

engine.js:6 Uncaught ReferenceError: $Gavick is not defined
(index):108 Uncaught ReferenceError: Virtuemart is not defined

Site: http://www.petrinakucera.cz/

Any idea?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:32 pm
Report this post
After few hours of searching there is connection to News Show module. If i disable it, it works okey. So problem is between these two modules. Any help pleas?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:54 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please try update them again, than go to those modules configuration, clear browser cache while in its settings and save it again.

GK User
Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:57 pm
Report this post
Template updated, nothing changed. Not using caching. Cleared browser change, tried different browsers. Error still persists:
Uncaught ReferenceError: $Gavick is not defined
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:02 am
Report this post
I have the same problem, after updating to Joomla 3.5 Image Show gk4 stopped working. I have updated theme and modules. Cleared cache / different browsers. I figured out that I can change behaviour in News Show GK5 ( published in header_bottom )
When I change Module Mode (under basic settings) to something else, Image show is working again. But this is not what I want of course. Did someone find a solution already?

Thanks in advance.

Ad
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 am
Report this post
Separately is everything working so it is obviously problem of module :-/
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. I will need an access to joomla panel along with url to the site and ftp access, so I'll send this to programmers asking for a fix.

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 am
Report this post
Hi

Access send to programmers. Will let You know as soon as I'll get the answer.

teitbite
Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:57 am
Report this post
Hi

I have a message that problem was fixed.

Solution was to change the order or file loading in layouts/blocks/head.php by adding line
Code: Select all
$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'if (typeof Virtuemart === "undefined") { Virtuemart = {}; }'."\n" );

after
$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'$GK_TMPL_URL = "' . $this->API->URLtemplate() . '";'."\n" );
$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'$GK_URL = "' . $this->API->URLbase() . '";'."\n" );

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 am
Report this post
I have it already after and problem persists. After or before?

$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'$GK_TMPL_URL = "' . $this->API->URLtemplate() . '";'."\n" );
$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'$GK_URL = "' . $this->API->URLbase() . '";'."\n" );
$this->API->addJSFragment( "\n".'if (typeof Virtuemart === "undefined") { Virtuemart = {}; }'."\n" );
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm
Report this post
Hi

Programmers has made this change on Your site already. Please clear browser cache sine I can see Image Show working after this change.

GK User
Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:22 pm
Report this post
Loading time is too long in Chrome no matter if cache is empty (page is loaded waifing for module). I need to know order of the rows - i did the change by myself as i wrote earlier but it was not in this order. So again after or before? It was before first time (as you said programmers did it). I dont know what is right.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 02, 2016 11:49 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

I have a message that problem was fixed.

Solution was to change the order or file loading in layouts/blocks/head.php by adding line

after

Exactly as described here.

A slow load can be improved with joomla cache or jot cache. Or in some occasions by getting rid of outside connections as to facebook, google, etc by moving it's libraries to Your server directly.

Try run the test to learn what can be improved: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

GK User
Sat May 07, 2016 8:52 pm
Report this post
Please, Im having the same problem and as I can tell is a language problem. Whenever I installed store box via quickstart it began with English (GB) and it wasn´t working the slide show of the pictures..it was loading,loading...and nothing. So I installed and swicthed the language for ' site ' as Spanish...kept the samething...then I installed English (US) and switched and it works...but it´s not my intention to use in english, so How can i fix this? Does anyone no?
Thanks,

Rodolfo
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

Doesn't sound like a similar issue at all. Please tell me the url to Your site.

GK User
Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:27 pm
Report this post
i am having same problem it doesn't want to load the circle keeps loading , and now i fatal error i dont even want to have virtual mart and i dont even know if its related, can you guys help me out

Fatal error: Class 'VmConfig' not found in /home2/bzimbleo/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/product_gallery/controller.php on line 40
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:17 pm
Report this post
Hi

This fatal error means that one of NSP modules used is still set to show VM content. Please change module settings or disable them. Than please tell me the url to Your site so I'll be bale to check the slider problem.

GK User
Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:37 pm
Report this post
i fixed it already the vm problem and the slider , ill let u know if i get into more problems
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:40 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

This fatal error means that one of NSP modules used is still set to show VM content. Please change module settings or disable them. Than please tell me the url to Your site so I'll be bale to check the slider problem.

i fixed it already, ill let you know if i get into more problems
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:06 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Glad to hear it. I'm leaving this thread open than in case You will run into more problems.

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:38 pm
Report this post
Hi,
On my site Image Show GK4 is also not working anymore. I don't no exactly when it happend, but I gues after a joomla update. I did update te template and Image Show GK4, but I can''t get it to work anymore. I also cleared the cache.

I can't find the file for the changes you are talking about in this treat. Can you help?

site: www.mltv90.nl on right site loading doesn't stop.

Jos
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try swithing module to use jQuery library instead of mootools. Also try if different styles works. Bikestore is pretty old, so may not be compatible with newest libraries.

GK User
Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:25 am
Report this post
I'm using the GK5 to display virtumart items. It worked before but now it gives me the fatal error:

Fatal error: Class 'VmConfig' not found in /home/feldmanmatthew17/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/product_gallery/controller.php on line 40

I don't see anything wrong with the module settings or virtuemart products. please help
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:07 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please send me an access to FTP and url to your site @MFeldman

GK User
Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:38 pm
Report this post
Hi
I have the same problem today after mod_news_pro_gk5_J!3 update (???)
Image Show GK4 doesn't work anymore
I upgraded Image Show GK4 to see if that can fix the problem but it doesn't
"Solution was to change the order or file loading in layouts/blocks/head.php"
I don't have that kind of folders into "layouts" on my J!3.6.2
:(
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:50 pm
Report this post
Hi

Thanks for the access @Repitol. I've send it to our programmers, so they can check.

teitbite
Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 am
Report this post
Hi

Programmers has some problems with Your site. They told me that even after disabling module for tests it's still showing and nothing is reacting to settings changes. Is this site cached or something like that ? Can You please disable it? Please also send an access to FTP.

GK User
Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:32 am
Report this post
Hi teitbite
no, nothing cached. that's weird
I give you ftp access by PM very soon
thanks
Repitol
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:23 am
Report this post
Hi

I've passed Your access to programmers. Are You sure it's not going via cloud or something, maybe it's a server cache You are not aware of?

GK User
Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:05 pm
Report this post
the website is actually hosted on a cloud server managed with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4 but I can't find where could be the cache option. I have many other websites hosted there using other Gavick templates.
No Apache or php options show a cache function
Maybe the programmers can tell me where should I look at ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:41 pm
Report this post
and now click on thumbnails from News Show Pro GK5 are redirecting to user connexion
instead of Virtuemart products. It was okay this morning... :(
what's going on ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:20 pm
Report this post
found this error :
when Joomla configuration SEO is off
Fatal error: Class 'VmConfig' not found in /var/www/clients/client1/web67/web/demo/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/tmpl/portal_modes/product_gallery/controller.php on line 40
I can't display the website anymore
When SEO is on
I can see the website but NSPGK5 is buggy ((link on thumbnails goes to connexion)
and Image Show GK4 doesn't work
Hope it will help programmers to find the issue
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

From what I know programmers were working on Image Show problem only 5h ago, so noone was touching site yesterday. Anyway I'm gonna ask them to look into that.

GK User
Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:40 pm
Report this post
Ok thanks !
I see the slider problem is fixed now on my website :D
I did the Virtuemart update yesterday using the automatic Joomla extensions update, maybe that's a clue - maybe this new version gives some compatibility problems with NSPGK 5 ?
I didn't change configuration of NSPGK 5 but noticed click on thumbnails redirects to login and not on product page anymore.
so to resume :
1) slider Image Show GK 4 is off after last upgrade : SOLVED :D
2) NSPGK5 knows problem after last VM upgrade (link on thumbnails) :(
3) SEO problem with NSPGK5 when Joomla configuration is turned to URL friendly without "/index.php/" into URL (.htaccess use) :(
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

Save the link and switch template to Protostar. Try use this link than. If it still will redirect to load than it has to be some problem with ACL or VM (most probably shopper groups).

GK User
Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:00 pm
Report this post
hello, solved !
it's okay, seems to be a problem with VM update. Solved by changing VM rights to "public" and config saved
Weird...
Have a nice day :)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Great to hear it. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.