VM Fancybox/jquery bug?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:58 am
Report this post
Hi,

I think there is an issue with the VM fancybox... the "show cart" link loads a page "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&lang=en" insted of "index.php/en/shop-2/shopping-cart". Which is a problem because there are no loaded modules (sidebar, currency chooser etc.) on that page. I suspect it has something to do with the way jquery generates the link (not SEF) so it loads the wrong page :dry: . Furthermore the weirdest thing is when you update quantity or delete item from cart (on "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&lang=en"), the action cause to load the proper page "index.php/en/shop-2/shopping-cart" with all modules loaded.

I get the same effect with fresh installed and updated template (quickstart).

Is there anyone haveing the same issue?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 pm
Report this post
Hi

Those are same addresses. Just one is using a default cart layout and other a specific one created in menu and updated with aliases. When selecting either of them joomla will resolve the missing Itemid from menu.

But show me what problems You have right now. I do not think it's related with link, but issue may be somewhere else.

GK User
Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 am
Report this post
Hi,

exactly those are the same pages but for some reason with different layout. Look at the cart accessed from cart module and the page accessed from show cart (link in fancybox after adding the item to cart). Funny thing is the page accessed from the fancybox link has no sidebar loaded, which appears if you click refresh quantity or remove one item from chart. This is same on my site and on the fresh install of the template.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:02 pm
Report this post
Hi

This means that url does not include Itemid, so the bug would be in VM's sef rendering script, not in fancybox or jquery. Try adding a menu item "Cart" to the menu (can be some new menu You are not using on Your site if You do not wish to show it) and give it a layout of Virtuemart cart.

If this will not help try update VM, template and joomla to latest versions, maybe it was fixed already.

If everything fails than I'm afraid You will need to talk to VM support.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.