Conflict between Image Show GK4 & News Show Pro GK5

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 3.50 on the average.3.50 out of 6 based on 2 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 am
Report this post
How to fix conflict between
Image Show GK4 /header/
and
**SHOPS** __&__ TRENDS ( News Show Pro GK5 ) /mainbody/
In gk_storebox_quickstart_J!3.zip Template :?:

http://kobazz.in.rs/
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 am
Report this post
Hi

Can You please explain what conflict You have in mind? I'm working with this template everyday, same with both of this modules and haven't seen a problem. I can also see it's working on Your site.

GK User
Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 pm
Report this post
Sorry for belated reply, didn't get a notification of your response.
I am sending you PM with login details to my site .
The conflict appears when News Pro GK5 data source is set to virtuemart.
Another NewsPro GK5 module that pulls K2 articles works normally with Image Show GK5.
But whenever the module that shows virtuemart products is enabled, Image Show GK4 refuses to load.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 am
Report this post
Hi

I've reported this to programmers, will let You know as soon as they will answer me.

teitbite
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 am
Report this post
Hi

Programmers has asked for FTP access in order to figure that out. Please send it to me to my private e-mail [email protected] so I'll be able to get to it faster.

GK User
Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:55 pm
Report this post
Sent it to both your email and PM.
Thanks.

I would appreciate that you tell me what the problem is and how your programmer resolved it, so I can reproduce it myself in the case I need to reinstall the template again.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 am
Report this post
Hi

I've just send it to programmers. Will describe what was done as soon as I'll get the answer.

teitbite
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 am
Report this post
Hi

I haven't hear back from You, so I've just checked and looks like everything is ok on Your site now. Also from programmers note I see that they had no issue posting either NSP or Image Show. Can You confirm this is solved so I can close this thread?

GK User
Mon May 22, 2017 7:48 pm
Report this post
Hello, sorry for belated reply, unfortunately the issue is not solved.
As soon as I select some VM category other than 'skate', not only Image Show GK4 disappears, but also the very News Pro GK5 refuses to show anymore.

Also, selecting any other data source in News Pro module, like specific VM products or featured products results in same error as above.
At the moment we'd like to have Featured products displayed and Image Show GK4 loaded, but we'd also like other data source options to be working and functional.

You have probably noticed, but Image Show GK4 cannot be loaded on your demo template page either.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 am
Report this post
Hi

It's working now. All I did was to change source to VM Category. You have selected to define products by ID, but there was only an ID of 20 given, which doesn't even exists. When NSP was configured correctly Image Show conflict was resolved as well.

GK User
Sun May 28, 2017 2:08 am
Report this post
I am sorry but it's not working. Could you please try with the options that I listed in my previous post?
Please select any category EXCEPT the 'skate'. In example - 'patike'.
This is valid category with existing products inside.
Selecting specific products - also is not working.
Featured products - not working.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 am
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid I'm not able to reproduce Your issue. I've been playing with settings in "**VRUĆE** __iz__ PRODAVNICE" module and if only I use correct configuration Image Show is visible of frontpage. I've even activated module with description "NOT WORKING" and everything is fine. Can You please tell me exactly how to configure it to break it ? Last time I've been checking one of NSP modules was set to show products by IDs, but the ID given wasn't present in VM products list.

Or better. Break it for me so I'll just hop in and see why isn't it working.

GK User
Wed May 31, 2017 10:20 pm
Report this post
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how it is possible that you cannot reproduce it. If I choose any other category other than 'Daske', the whole thing breaks.
But let me try to explain with screenshots.

Here are products from category 'patike': http://kobazz.in.rs/prodavnica/patike
I would like products from that category displayed in the module.
or
even if all categories are selected, I'd like only the featured one to be displayed.

As you can see on the VM screenshot, there are several products from different categories and several featured products.
But whenever I choose some of the above options, the home page looks like this:
So no products in the module and no slide show.
Please help, this is really frustrating as it takes way too long to get a working site.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:17 pm
Report this post
Hi

Selecting all categories was just a test. Since I could not reproduce it selecting some random categories. Now I see that some of the products are simply unvisible for NSP and I bet it's due to the fact that You have VM 3.2.2 which is not supported by it yet. Programmers are working on it right now, so updated versions should be available soon.

I've reported Your issue separately, so hope programmers will lead me to some fix to it faster.

For now You may try replace NSP with regular VM module to present products from this category.

teitbite
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:09 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. We both missed one important thing here :) Products in "Patike" category has no available number in stock, so they weren't showing, since joomla thinks they are not there. Sorry I haven't caught that earlier ;/

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm
Report this post
Oh that is right! Thank you so much for noticing this, this made the thing work.
However, unfortunately, this is not the end to my troubles. I don't know if I should make another forum post or continue in here ?
Just now, I noticed this error when I'm logged in, at the top of my product's page :
vmError: The chosen template couldnt be found on the filesystem: /home/kobazz/public_html/templates/gk_simplicity
Gk_simplicity is not selected anywhere, I have correctly selected gk_storebox in my virtuemart settings.
Digging through the internet, I've found the information to go to Template Manager for the template I'm using and select the VM menu options under "Menus assignment".
However when I go to StoreBox template, I'm greeted by this:
Not a single template option. If I remember correctly, Gavick always had a tab with template options ?

Please help!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 am
Report this post
Hi

Looks like You are missing a template update to Joomla 3.7.x compatible :) but if You any change worth keeping use this quick fix:

Change the following line from /admin/scripts/js file:

Code: Select all
var type = items[i].split('=')[0].test(/^\d+$/) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

into:

Code: Select all
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

For the error after login in VM configuration select to use a default template instead of gk_storebox. Template doesn't provide a separated VM template, just an overrides to VM default look.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.