Deleted something important in shipping methods

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 am
Report this post
Help required if possible. Thanks gratefully given.

I installed the provided joomla/template bundle as instructed. Great way to set up. I then played with the installed template and it all worked exactly as the demo site did. I then proceed to carefully remove the dummy/sample data and install my own - Great, no problem.
Getting to the end I deleted the two dummy shipping methods and installed three simple ones of my own (royal mail 2nd, first and signed for. no details yet for size, i just wanted to add them to check the cart and checkout.
The problem i have is that in the demo website and my installed dummy data site the customer was presented with a prompt that read "select shipping method" this took the customer to a clean page to select the method.

In my altered cart with my 3 shipping methods they were shown in the checkout page directly and the prompt to select them elsewhere was not shown. The formatting of the shipping methods on the page was clumsy and confusing as there wasnt enough space.

Can anyone help me discover (tried the Virtuemart "manual" to no avail) which option i turned off or which option i didnt turn on or....

thanks in advance for my obvious stupidity.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:18 am
Report this post
Sorted. Thanks for anyone reading this taking the time to read. Just thinking it through made me realise where i made the error. It is as simple as checking one screen checkout (or not!).
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:48 am
Report this post
Hi

What I think happened is that You have in Virtuemart selected to use One Page Checkout. Everytihgn is minimalised than and shipping/payment selection is done this way. Option should be in VM -> Configuration -> Template

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.