Help with transferred site

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:13 pm
Report this post
Hi I have bought a license to this theme as I need support please with a site that has been transferred over to our hosting but we did not set up.

It uses Storebox and is located here:

http://www.eva-mae.co.uk

There used to be some banner images on the bottom of the page that clicked through to blog posts but now they have disappeared and I can't find how to put them back. We also have a problem with that it is running Joomla! 2.5 but when trying to do a one-click upgrade the site breaks. So any advice on how to upgrade to Joomla 3.5 and also upgrade the template would be very helpful.

Thanks for any help fixing this site.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:06 pm
Report this post
Hello,
About first question, in cases, all banners are modules, so probably someone has disabled them.
About second, Migration for J2.5 into 3.4 never was so simple like just one-click. Why?
Because you have to upgrade all 3-party module, plugins, components and GK template as well.
The most hard task is VM - brrr - it loves to crash during this process.
In internet you will find many guides how to do this.

BTW
J00mla 3.5 is still in beta, so I guess you thought about 3.4.5
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:56 am
Report this post
Hi thanks for the reply but I can't find any disabled extensions or where to renable the banners...

Here is a screenshot (the banners should be where the text "Blog Categories" is):

The previous web designer customised the look of the stock theme banners there, but as far as I know they are the same banners used in the theme if you can please help me to get them enabled again and showing up?

Thanks for any help.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.