More problems with Storebox

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I'm encountering more problems, hope you can please help with these.

1. It says the template is responsive but when viewing on a mobile (eg. iPhone4S) most of the home page banner image and text in it is cut off, surely it should resize?

2. Some of my products have reviews which show near the bottom of the product description fine yet at the top by the product title it still says "not yet rated"

3. How can I get the product weight and dimensions to show on the product page? (I've added some code to make weight show but I think there must be a better way to do it, as it is a standard feature.

4. The register button in the pop up login box goes to a different page compared to the registration menu link button, there seems to be 2 different registration pages.

5. After registering or login out, it shows a blank page... surely it should show a message or redirect to the home page.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 am
Report this post
Hi, Just an update to my questions.

I have now solved numbers 4 and 5 myself.

Please can you help with questions 1 - 3?

I hope to hear from you soon as my client is anxious to have his site finished.

Many thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 15, 2015 12:55 pm
Report this post
Hi, There's another strange bug.

The text at the bottom of product pages reads:

"Submit ReviewBe the first to write a review..."

There should be a space between 'review' and 'be'.

Please can you fix these bugs or let me know what I can do to fix them?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 17, 2015 10:47 am
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site?
Ps - never bump your questions - it makes you wait longer.

GK User
Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 am
Report this post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't realise I did bump my questions... how did I do that?

The URL is http://www.ukloupes.co.uk/index.php/sho ... ack-detail

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 22, 2015 6:46 pm
Report this post
Bumping is answering in your own thread.
From what I see most of your problems are solved.
Could you please sum up remaining ones?

GK User
Sat May 23, 2015 9:18 am
Report this post
Hi,

I was adding more information to my question to save to guys time responding to the things I managed to solve myself, I'm not impressed with this customer service at the moment and seems the joomla 3 version of the template theme was not thoroughly tested before being sold.

Questions 1-3 are still unresolved.

A programmer added the product weight through code, however I do not want to use this method. There must be a way of adding product dimensions and weight naturally in the template as these are common features.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding questions 1-3.

Many thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 25, 2015 4:48 pm
Report this post
1. I have just checked the site on few devices, also emulated other with the browser. All seems fine. Perhaps you could post a screenshot to show the issue?
2. Could you please post an url to your site, to such product?
3. I think you could use custom fields for that. Beside, our template uses standard VM elements so if something is available in vm, it will be available with our template. If you don't know how to do some thing in VM, please check VM support forum.

GK User
Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:09 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Sorry I didn't see your reply, here is the screen shot and URL you asked for...

1. Please see attached screen shot showing the banner content cut off on an iPhone 4S display.

2. Here is a link to a product that has a review yet also says 'not yet rated' http://www.ukloupes.co.uk/index.php/sho ... ack-detail

3. The weight attribute is a standard option in VM, on my client's old site (using a different template) the weight showed up fine in the product details. Hower with your StoreBox template it does not show up.

Two new problems...

4. My client is reporting another more serious problem with the coupon box, I set up the coupon box correctly however it will not show on the website.

5. There is a strange issue in the checkout process. If you add a product and choose the shipping method, then remove the product from the cart it still shows the shipping cost and method selected in the cart, if you then add another product it goes straight to step 2... there is no way to go back or remove the postage if for example the user wants to choose a different method such as express delivery instead of standard. Please go through this process on the site if you need to see what I mean (ukloupes.co.uk)

If you need to login to admin please provide me a way to privately send you admin access to the site.

Thanks and kind regards.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:27 pm
Report this post
Lets do it point by point.
1. You have entered some custom font sizes to caption field. This module was not designed to be responsive and font size should be defined by RWD (and css overrides if necessary). The modification you did forces incredible big font to mobile devices - making the tex not visible.

Please let me know if this answers 1rst question.

GK User
Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:00 am
Report this post
Thanks for your reply for point 1.

The background image seems to be responsive, the text should be too really otherwise it's going to get cut off even at the default sizes I think.

I look forward to your next answers.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 pm
Report this post
Sorry, I made mistake - module itself was designed for RWD but change you did forces big font size for all screen sizes.
I would suggest to remove font-size from span elements introduced to IS captions and use @media specific for different screen sizes to modify the font size.

GK User
Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:14 pm
Report this post
If it goes to 4 - please verify if it works fine on Beeze/Protostar. If yes. Please describe step by step how could I reproduce this issue (what to add, where, how to modify the products etc).

GK User
Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:56 pm
Report this post
Hi, I've updated the plugins and joomla to the new versions released in the past couple of months and the coupon box is now showing again. When I did this it caused the website to go down but I found out that the new 'News Pro GK5' plugin was causing a script error so removed it and uploaded the old version and the site is now back up.

Please can you now address points 2, 3, and 5?

Thanks and kind regards.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:10 pm
Report this post
With nsp problems you can try to update again and go through each of this steps:
0) Install new current version of NSP GK5 (re-install)
1) Open module in edit mode
2) Click Refresh button in your browser
3) Change data source to another from list
4) Change order of showing items
5) Save changes - check on front page
6) If okey, change data source back to option which you have at the beginning

2. Here is a link to a product that has a review yet also says 'not yet rated'
Rating is something different than review. Please check if after you change template to Beeze / Protostar - rating shows correctly.

3. The weight attribute is a standard option in VM, on my client's old site (using a different template) the weight showed up fine in the product details. Hower with your StoreBox template it does not show up.
From what I see on your sample page - it shows 0 LBS now. Have you been able to fix that also?

5. There is a strange issue in the checkout process. If you add a product and choose the shipping method, then remove the product from the cart it still shows the shipping cost and method selected in the cart, if you then add another product it goes straight to step
Please verify if same happens on Beeze/Protostar. It might be a VM issue.

GK User
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:44 pm
Report this post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help with the NSP module. Please find details for my other questions and a new problem below.

2. I changed the template to Protostar and the 'not yet rated' text doesn't show which means it's something coded in to your template theme, please can you tell me how customers can rate products so that it shows the rating there (as it does in your demo).

3. I hired a developer to edit your template's code to make it show the weight property. He said it was not part of the template, which is pretty bad really as it limits the use of the template. When selling products the product weight is usually very important for calculating postage/shipping.

5. Since updating VM it shows a 'change shipping method' box, it disappeared before similar to the coupon box. So that one is solved.

6. Another new problem, if you're on any page, at the top, and click the cart button that makes the cart pop up overlay appear over the site then close it, the main site menu buttons that were behind the pop up box will then not work unless you refresh the page. Please test this yourself to see.

My client has quite a big ecommerce business with about a large amount of revenue coming from sales through the website and so depends on the site working well. He's had so many complaints from users and loss of sales which I get the blame for. It's really bad that you are selling templates commercially that haven't been fully tested. I think you should give me a full refund for this template as gesture of good will.

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:55 am
Report this post
Two things before we proceed...
This thread is no longer informative for other forum members. Whenever you have additional or new questions, please create separate forum threads and tittle them, so they correspond to the issue itself.
Second thing, I cannot decide on any refunds or so. If you feel you should get one, please contact our customer support and talk the case with them.

Now going back to the business...
2. Rating... You probably didn't see rating because when you change template to Beeze or protostar you should enable back css of VM (in VM settings). If you do so, then you will see star based rating system (default VM view doesn't show text afaik, just "blank" stars). Users can rate products, but it depends on VM settings - just check VM configuration, Shopfront tab, Shopper Review/Rating System section. You can define ratings behave there (or disable it).

GK User
Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:57 am
Report this post
2. I have no idea why weight isn't included in frontend of our template. I'll ask our dev team / report the bug and will let you know when I'll get an answer.
5. Ok.
6. I know this issue was fixed long time ago, please provide template version info here.

GK User
Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:15 am
Report this post
Hello.
Forgive me for my English, I'm from Russia.
I increased the logo, now on mobile devices gets abroad (iphone5s) body. Please help cope with the problem. The site fit-nsk.ru
With all respect, Andrew.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:09 pm
Report this post
@polagutin please create a separate forum thread with tittle according to your issue.

GK User
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 pm
Report this post
2. A little update - our devteam have checked, and I got an answer... Even VM by default doesn't support weight... adding it is usually made via custom fields and those kind of data should work, if not, it's just a matter of displaying custom field data this way:
Code: Select all
echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('customfields',array('product'=>$this->product,'position'=>'ontop'));

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I still have problem number 6 with the storebox theme that I hope you can help with, you said that this issue was fixed in a template update a while ago however I've just updated to the latest template 3.19 from your website download page but the problem still exists.

The problem is:

6. If you're on any page, at the top, and click the cart button that makes the cart pop up overlay appear over the site then close it, the main site menu buttons that were behind the pop up box will no longer work unless you refresh the page. Please test this yourself to see. It's a pretty major problem.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.