No prices and Nothing in the POP UP cart

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm
Report this post
Dear Sirs,
On our existing site I have recently installed STOREBOX template as and additional one to StartUp.
Without Quick Install. I use Quick Installation as DEMO on my local computer as a reference tool.

But on clean installation I still have some features not working.
1) Shopping cart pop up - no information in it still
2) No prices for the products on MAIN page of the STORE. Carts and POP UP orange circles appeared. But no prices under products and no prices in pop-up circles as well.

STOREBOX template is not DEFAULT one. Default is STARTUP template.
But for all pages in the Developing Internet Store - I pointed to use STOREBOX as a template.

I checked configuration settings for VirtualMart.. They are the same as in working template on my local computer with Quick Installation.

Please, help to understand what is wrong?
Many thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 am
Report this post
Hi

Please check if VM javascript is enabled in VM settings. Than please show me Your site.

GK User
Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm
Report this post
Thank you, I will do. And return back.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 pm
Report this post
Hello again,

I checked VM setting - Java Scripts are on.
This is a link to web site and main page of the store.

Still no prices and nothing in pop-up cart
http://d-winecollection.com/index.php/en/shopping
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 am
Report this post
Hi

I can see prices in circles, so I suspect it's connected with shoppers group. You may need to set to show prices to all groups in VM settings.

About cart please check if VM cart is enabled in cart position.

Send me an access to joomla panel if none of above tips will solve it.

GK User
Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 pm
Report this post
Hi, Many thanks indeed for reply and attention.

I managed situation with PRICES. Now it is OK. I just added one rule with tax 21% and.. everything works OK with prices display...so it was VM issue with Price calculation Settings

But with CART.. and login - I am in total desperation. NO working POPUP windows.

I even checked final HTML page code of resulting site pages using GOOGLE chrome.
It seems to me that VM AJAX module in not inserting.

With the login - I simply being redirected to the standard login page (No pop-up)
.. and with the Cart - even worse. Just first 80px of black color and no AJAX "vmCartModule" traces.

But you can see - I sent to your email box access [email protected] special JOOMLA Administration panel login and password.

I would be very grateful for any kind of support or idea what should I do.

Thanks in advance.
Andrey
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 am
Report this post
Hi

I've compared settings with quickstart and do not see anything missing. I'm sending this to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 am
Report this post
Good morning, thank you very much indeed.
I hope that they are going to help.
I compared some js files as well - they are identical too.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I was thinking - maybe I also need to update Gavick plugins.
Because as I see my ones from older StartUp template.
But using Joomla Extension manager it is not possible - System gives error - directory already used for older version of plug-in.
Of course, Maybe I could install manually using FTP - just unpacking plug-in to the appropriate directory?

plus.. returning to the problem with POPUP Cart and login. It seems to me that it could relate to JS issue.
If FTP access would be needed to programmers - I could give it too.. if it would help.

Best regards
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 am
Report this post
Hi

I got an answer from programmers.

the cart is not available, here you should see cart details >> http://d-winecollection.com/index.php/e ... &tmpl=cart Please check what you get when you publish cart module on some regular module position like siedebart etc., probably it is not working also there.

Please also check solution provided here https://www.gavick.com/forums/viewtopic ... 40&t=25704

teitbite
Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:08 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please let me know if it worked. I need to inform programmers if they are still needed.

GK User
Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm
Report this post
Hi,

I am sorry for delay - I was out during a day... and I am grateful for reply.
1) When I publish Cart on other pages like Sidebar or Main - everything is FINE. Cart is displayed OK. So vmCartModule is working fine... on its own when published on regular template position. Like sidebar for example.
2) yes, I have already read many times article you proposed in Forum. and also some other similar ones.

What could I say -
1) I see the problem in AJAX and asynchronous request to the VirtueMart when Cart is requested for async mode in POPUP window. When in NORMAL way (for template position) - CART is working perfect. You can see by your eyes. It works.
2) I could give for your programmer FTP access temporarily to see by their eyes to see code and what is happening with Cart when the one is requested in POPUP (modal) window. I see that AJAX procedure fails or just not being called. and so code and relevant data simply not inserted in resulting web page finally. When I press Cart button nothing is changed in relevant HTML code.. while in DEMO... AJAX gives needed code and data.. It even could be easily checked in Google Chrome browser. No code was inserted in

<div id="gkPopupCart" style="display: block; opacity: 1; height: 80px;">
<div class="gkPopupWrap">
<div id="gkAjaxCart"></div>
</div>
</div>
that part of code remains the same in my site... while in demo the one is chafing (after pressing button) to..
<div id="gkPopupCart" style="display: block; opacity: 1; height: 192px;">
<div class="gkPopupWrap">
<div id="gkAjaxCart">

<!-- Virtuemart 2 Ajax Card -->

<div class="vmCartModule " id="vmCartModule">
<h3>Cart</h3>
<dl>
</dl>
<dl>
<dt>Cart empty</dt>
<dd>
</dd>
<dd class="show_cart">
</dd>
</dl>
<noscript>
Please wait </noscript>
</div>

</div>
</div>
</div>

We can see that code with vmCartModule class is being inserted and so on....

Please, advise if FTP access to the site is needed and I am ready to send it to you email.

Again, many thanks indeed for your support.
And frankly speaking - I like GAVICK templates very much and sure that we will find a solution together.

P.S.
By the way, I managed POP for login in.
I simply copied menu settings for "Account". Wrote a "login" in title attribute (like in DEMO) and... oh, it works! POPUP login is fine!
But with Cart I am in desperation.
I can't understand why "vmCartModule" is not inserted (or being used) by AJAX procedure when the one is called. That part of code is simply not inserted in resulting page when Cart button is pressed... opposite to DEMO. I am not familiar with AJAX unfortunately to answer that question.
Where is a problem - Templates seems identical. In JOOMLA? in VirtueMart? or... where?
I still don't know
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm
Report this post
P.S.. just as an addition to my reply I posted few minutes ago..
this is a link..
http://www.d-winecollection.com/index.php/en/shop-cart
you can see that cart is published ok in regular template position like sidebar for example.

in my case the problem is that code

<!-- Virtuemart 2 Ajax Card -->
<div class="vmCartModule " id="vmCartModule">
<h3>Cart</h3>
<dl> .... .... ..... etc etc etc
is not being inserted in my site..

i hope it could help programmer to find a solution. for those of us who added template from scratch without installing a DEMO as it was in my case
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 pm
Report this post
P.S. No #3

I made another trick.. I managed to show CART in POP UP login window
http://www.d-winecollection.com/index.p ... p-account#
On the any wine store page (like "Store Intro") I managed to show Cart in POP UP login window in "UserMenu" position. Just chose (click) "login" from "top-menu" and ...
oh.. together with login and "UserMenu" in a position "usermenu" we can see Vm Cart as well.. so with tricky way it is possible to show cart in pop-up window in "usermenu" position.
and very easily in sidebar as I wrote before...
So I suspect that vmCartModule (of VirtueMart) works perfect.. and problem is when we are calling for ASYNC procedure in AJAX... no code to launch vmCartModule is inserted at all. and so.. no Cart is displayed.
I hope that it helps a little to understand the problem
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 pm
Report this post
P.S. No #4

And also look at that page
http://www.d-winecollection.com/index.php/en/shop-cart
We can see that standard cart presentation in "mainbody" and in the "sidebar".
In "sidebar" position Cart is displayed like it should be in POP-UP modal window. Short information.
While in "mainbody" Cart is displayed as it should be with full and detailed data.
So it means that VirtueMart Cart is working OK.
And a problem appears when we press button in "cart" position and appropriate AJAX procedure is being called.
and this would be a great help from the programmer to find a reason why on the clean installation of template without a DEMO that unlucky "btnCart" is not working properly.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Report this post
P.S. #5 - when I go to reference you proposed to test:
http://d-winecollection.com/index.php/e ... &tmpl=cart
nothing is displayed at all... page is empty.. just blank.
opposite to the "sidebar" or "user menu" positions where Cart is displayed ok.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 pm
Report this post
Dear Colleagues,

After debugging Scripts in Chorme I found that in gk.scripts.js from line 118
we have code:
if(!wait) {
new Request.HTML({
url: $GK_URL + document.id('btnCart').get('data-url'),
onRequest: function() {
document.id('btnCart').addClass('loading');
wait = true;
},
onComplete: function() {
var timer = (function() {
if(!wait_for_results) {
popup_overlay.fade(0.45);
popup_cart_fx.start({'opacity':1, 'height': popup_cart_h});
opened_popup = 'cart';
wait_for_results = true;
wait = false;
clearInterval(timer);
document.id('btnCart').removeClass('loading');
}
}).periodical(200);
},
onSuccess: function(nodes, xml, text) {
document.id('gkAjaxCart').innerHTML = text;
popup_cart.setStyle('display', 'block');
popup_cart_h = popup_cart.getElement('.gkPopupWrap').getSize().y;
popup_cart_fx = new Fx.Morph(popup_cart, {duration:200, transition: Fx.Transitions.Circ.easeInOut}).set({'opacity': 0, 'height': 0 });
wait_for_results = false;
wait = false;
}
}).send();
}
});

I found that request.HTML AJAX call finally gets nothing in text variable. Strill is "" - it returned empty.
That's why no cart information being inserted..
While cart function property - in "sidebar", in "mainbody", even in "usermenu" cart displayed. In last case even in pop-up.
The only problem when your code is requesting cart with AJAX call "Request.HTML ...."
Result is empty.

I checked in debugger ".. "onSuccess:" clause and found "text" is simply "".
While in DEMO here there is "<-- VirtueMart... ..." and so on returned with appropriate Cart info.
And please, notice - that works perfect in "sidebar" and "usermenu" (popup) - I specially added Cart to those position to test if it is working. Yes, it works.
So, unfortunately code in gk.scripts.js with "request.HTML (..." doesn't work as expected in that case.
Please, help to understand why and what could be work-around.

Many thanks indeed in advance.
Andrey
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:30 am
Report this post
Dear Sirs,

I probably found a problem in code of gk.scripts.js --- line 120
url: $GK_URL + document.id('btnCart').get('data-url'),

resulting url in my site is wrong (in DEMO it works OK where your StoreBox template is default).
in my case wrong result gives
http://d-winecollection.com/index.php?lang=en&tmpl=cart
WHILE GOOD RESULT SHOULD BE
or
and etc... I tested in browser - all above mentioned URL give CART result... while in your code - page returns empty without Cart information.

So we must give right url address to AJAX and everything should be OK.
Your code is fine for DEMO and the same kind of situation where StoreBox is only one and default template.

Look.. it should be give just correct url in line 120 and Cart will be OK for any use of StoreBox template.

I hope that you would find a way how to correct that properly in gk.scripts.js like 120.

Best regards
Andrey
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:29 am
Report this post
SOLUTION IS FOUND.
I changed layouts/default.php

code
url="index.php?lang=<?php echo $lang; ?>&amp;tmpl=cart

to
url="index.php/en/shopping?lang=<?php echo $lang; ?>&amp;tmpl=cart

Now address is OK and AJAX gives CART data,

The case was that GAVICK programmers didn't provide for situation when STOREBOX template is not the only one and not default.
In my case StioreBox is secondary template.. default is StartUp.
And in such case btnCart url defined incorrectly in layouts/default.php.

I hope that GAVICK programmers will correct it making Template more universal.
I did temporary "work-around" in my situation - JUST POINTING TO CORRECT subdirectory.

Hope that it is useful.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:08 am
Report this post
Hi

Thank for this. I'll pass Your solution to programmers.

GK User
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm
Report this post
Good evening,

yes, please, and also suggest them to make code universal - not only when StoreBox is the one and default. But for other situations as well. it is not complicated for them.

Regards
Andre
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:13 am
Report this post
Hi

I will. I just believe this is a case they simply have not predicted may happen :)

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Report this post
Yes, of course,
I know how it is going... but sometimes life gets more complicated..

By the way, I also found work around for Custom Fields display problem.
Code in the template doesn't work.. and many people complained.

I simply copied code from VirtueMart where standard product details being shown and... everything became fine.
I hope that your programmer will take it under consideration. code in the template should be changed - easiest way -to copy the one from VirtueMart.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:19 am
Report this post
hi

Ok. Thanks for this info as well. I'll let programmers know.

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:56 pm
Report this post
I am having this issue on Quark. But seems Andrew's code no longer exists in the default.php.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:20 pm
Report this post
Hi

This thread is over 3 years old, so many things has changes since than. I do not think there it's the same issue anymore. Please describe what is Your problem and show me some screenshots and urls with examples.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.