Upgrading a site by another web designer using StoreBox

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:51 am
Report this post
Hi I hope you can please help. We recently had a website moved to our server which a web designer set up with StoreBox.

Being new to Gavick themes and not using Joomla much, we've found some issues so decided to buy a License for StoreBox to hopefully get support on fixing the problems and upgrading the theme without breaking any customisations.

The site is here: http://www.eva-mae.co.uk/

I wondered if any one could please help, is there a way we can safely update this to Joomla 3.0 and StoreBox for Joomla 3.x without losing the look, feel and modifications already present?

Alternatively we'd be happy to stay with Joomla 2.5 if anyone can help instead to fix the broken carousel and some other problems.

Thank you again for any help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:18 pm
Report this post
Hi

If customisations were done according to what our documentation says, I mean:

All customisations should be placed in override.css file to keep it separated during template update.

than an update should be as easy as installing the template over the existing copy. Of course I advice to make a site backup before update or better, make a copy of website and first perform backup process there first.

GK User
Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:16 pm
Report this post
Hi thanks, so do I upload the 3.4 template first and then update joomla or vice-versa?

Also at the bottom of the site there is a heading saying Blog Categories that before it was transferred over used to be a couple of banners. I wondered if there is a way to please fix this?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 am
Report this post
Hi

First update joomla, than template. You may need to install each of the plugins again, so make sure You have rest_files package for this template prepared. When You will see which plugins are available in rest_files package I would recommend to uninstall them before updating joomla.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.