Virtuemart 3.0.18

Commercial shopping Joomla template to easy create webshop with various extensions supported like ViruteMart, K2 and K2Store.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:04 pm
Report this post
Hi,

this update breaks a number of the overrides in your template. Is there a list of which modules/views etc you have overridden?

thanks

Martin
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm
Report this post
I am pretty sure now the update conflicted with some of the overrides. I appreciate it takes time but an update to the template will be needed for any new users of it anyway. I would do it myself except a) im not good enough at css/php and b) i dont know which of the override files are actually affected.

There is some info on the virtuemart forum which tells which core files that are overriden need to be updated.

At present I have rolled back to previous version of virtuemart but this puts me in danger of other bugs and security upgrades being missed.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:02 pm
Report this post
I would appreciate a reply, even if it is - working on it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:01 pm
Report this post
Still no one in the house?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:09 am
Report this post
Hi

Please do not bump Your own question. Each bump changes the time of last activity and moves Your question to the end of the line.

All our overrides can be found in template's /html folder. So You can disable it by renaming folders with "virtuemart" in it's name.

I will ask programmers to check what changes this new update brought, but if possible I would be grateful for some screenshots showing what You have in mind exactly.

GK User
Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 pm
Report this post
When 3.0.18 is installed products added are added twice, this is not a bug of virtuemart as it only happens inside the gavick template (I have tested). Also products with multivariant show properly but the ajax that changes the record to the child product does nothing - again only in the gavick template.

I know all the overrides are in the /html folder but they are not annotated so it is impossible to see what has been changed so that this could be replicated in the new vm version.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try disabling this overrides to test. Just rename folders where You see name "virtuemart". That will show if overrides are not correct or maybe it's a a conflict with template javascripts.

I'll pass information about issues to programmers. Do You mean during adding to cart products are showing there twice ? Because if You mean adding new products in admin panel, than our template has no connection than.

GK User
Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:05 am
Report this post
there is a thread on the virtuemart forum that discusses changes in the product layout, which i assume is causing the issue.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am
Report this post
Hi

I believe it can be the cause. I've already passed the information to programmers so template will be adjusted to the newest VM version soon. Meanwhile please downgrade VM to a lower version so You will be able to work with the site till updated template will be released.

GK User
Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:16 pm
Report this post
thanks, I have downgraded. Fortunately I backup site before each update.

regards

Martin
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:18 pm
Report this post
ps it would be a great help if the programmers documented their code with some comments. I will continue to use your great templates but sometimes a quick fix by me is better than waiting for a template update and documented files would help greatly.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 am
Report this post
Hi teitbite, I'm also working on VM 3.0.18 and storebox, but please tell the coders that the upcoming Joomla 3.6.3 is going to change something in overrides and would be wise to check if templates are ok with it.
Release is out in a week, today's been released the rc2
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/re ... /3.6.3-rc2
Will you let us know here when a new storebox version for VM 3.0.18 (and maybe J3.6.3) is out?
Thank you in advance
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 am
Report this post
Hi

@mittelcom this change cannot be that extensive or millions of pages would stop working all over the world, so I believe old overrides will still work.

@Kilkie Programmers has updated our demo site to latest versions and they have no problems mentioned at all. Actually everything is working fine. Is Your site live, or can You maybe update everything to make an environment for me to check what is going on in Your installation ? Or maybe You can prepare a copy of Your site for use and send me an access to joomla panel and ftp?

GK User
Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:39 am
Report this post
Thanks teitbite.

Kilkie, what version are you updating from?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:41 am
Report this post
Hi, I am now back on 3.0.16, the problem with products not updating between different child products in shop was not acceptable to customers (obviously). I have a backup version upgraded to 3.0.18 on localhost. Not sure if I can make this available to you. Did programmers try adding multivariant and then child products which is when it fails.

I see on thread in forum.virtuemart that others are saying there are bugs in teh multivariant part of the new version.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:05 am
Report this post
Hi

Please if You can upload it to live server and send me an access to it, so I'll pass it to programmers. Many of the issues I've seen (in general, not only vm related) happens becuase of specific server settings, of course we are trying to provide a universal code, but if often requires an action to work on client's server.

GK User
Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:18 pm
Report this post
will do. can I have an email address for the access, dont want to put it on forum.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:39 pm
Report this post
Hi

Please send it to [email protected] or to my PM via forum.

teitbite
Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:58 am
Report this post
Hi

@Kilkie did You had a chance to send it ?

GK User
Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:08 pm
Report this post
Did you follow the suggestions here, in order to solve override problems?
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135402.0
I'm pasting here the top suggestions:
Code: Select all
In case you want the ajax reload within a product modul, you need to adjust the overrides here also. Just search for
Code: [Select]
<li class="<?php echo $pwidth ?> <?php echo $float ?> ">
and change it to
<li class="product-container <?php echo $pwidth ?> <?php echo $float ?> ">

Just search for
"echo vmJsApi::writeJS();"
in the default.php of your cart overrides, replace it by
?><div style="display:none;" id="cart-js">
<?php echo vmJsApi::writeJS(); ?>
</div>

For a correct setup of some payments using their own layout, you need to move the main opening div a bit lower than before. Just search for
<div id="cart-view" class="cart-view">
in your default.php of your cart view and place it above the "getLoginForm

<div class="vm-cart-header-container">
Here cut the first div and set it here

<?php
   $uri = vmURI::getCleanUrl();
   $uri = str_replace(array('?tmpl=component','&tmpl=component'),'',$uri);
   echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm ($this->cart, FALSE,$uri);
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:03 pm
Report this post
Hi

Thank You for this post. I'll pass this link to programmers.

teitbite
Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 am
Report this post
Hi

@Kilkie I got an info about the test site via mail, but I cannot make it work with just configuration options. I will need an access to FTP as well.

PS: Have You tried a fix proposed above by @mittelcom ? I will start from it.

GK User
Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:09 am
Report this post
Can you confirm you got the ftp
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:38 am
Report this post
Hi

Sorry, was waiting for an answer from programmers. All it takes is to follow this tip:

The new js for using ajax for reloading product content uses now always the same class. The class is "product-container". Just search for the div with "productdetails-view productdetails" and add product-container.

it has to be done in /html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php

@Kilkie it's adjusted in Your installation and from couple of tests I've done looks like everything is ok.

GK User
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:48 am
Report this post
Hi teitbite

1. does this solve the extra products added? Also can you just confirm that I only need to change the default.php file in productdetails?

thanks for your work.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:32 am
Report this post
Teitbite, could you please be a bit more specific?
Do you mean that this code
<div class="productdetails-view productdetails">

becomes
<div class="productdetails-view productdetails product-container">

or anything else???
Thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm
Report this post
Hi

This was the only change I've done on one of the pages I had an access to and this problem was reported.

Case is that VM changed scripts which are replacing products page content if other variant will be selected. New script replaces a div with class="product-container". That was missing in our templates, but should be fixed already, so an update to template should work as well.

GK User
Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:29 am
Report this post
Thanks, this does solve the issue with the cart not updating but adding a child product still causes error. I dont get this error on a local copy of standard joomla without gavick template and I am assuming it is something to do with this and not a standard 3.0.18 issue, also noone is reporting the error on virtuemart forum.

After adding the product you get this error: "vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given 0
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled"
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:04 am
Report this post
Problem solved. The bug that adds strange products Scalar and gives the error message above was corrected by the VM team in the release 3.0.18.3. I have upgraded to this version and the error has disappeared but the gavick solution in default.php still works.

thanks again. Dziękuję Ci
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm
Report this post
Hi, I've noticed that for some reason Storebox last version (3.21.2) and VM 3.0.18.from 4 to 6 (tried all of them) don't get along very well, I'm getting an error like this on category view:
Call to a member function displayMediaThumb() on null
I put the unmodified storebox's category view override in there, to avoid issues with customizations.
Here you can find a link to the test site with this error:
http://bit.ly/2hXvvIA
And here the corresponding operative site with the default template:
http://bit.ly/2hPNaWq
Can you please help me?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:29 pm
Report this post

GK User
Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:11 pm
Report this post
I tried applying those suggestions, but the code is a bit different.
I explained the problem there, hope you can help me.
Do you want me to describe the problem here as well?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:29 am
Report this post
Hi

There is no need to rephrase it here. Lets keep the conversation in this other thread. I'm closing this one. https://www.gavick.com/forums/storefron ... rror-53108

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.