add a sidebar at left position possible ?

GK User
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:28 am
Hi,
I'd like to place a sidebar at position Left on some pages
actually, only sidebar at right is enabled
is it possible ?
thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:27 pm
Hi

In template settings, Layout options, You can switch if sidebar should be visible on left or right side.

GK User
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm
Ok thanks for the tip !
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:14 pm
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help :)

GK User
Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 am
Hi
I'm on this thread again...
No way to have both right and left sidebar on some pages ?
our customer needs that for some additional informations.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:03 pm
Hi

This would require changes to code of the template. I'm afraid it's too big customisation. Try maybe using "inset" module position. I cannot see it on this template in demo, bot hopefully it's still there.

GK User
Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:59 pm
Hi
actually not, inset position is available for Game not for Storefront
I tried to add that position but I made it wrong and it doesn't work. Too bad, it seems to be the best solution.
So I desperately look for a module that could give me a way to display additional informations (shipping, customer service...) out from the sidebar which is now too long (In virtuemart pages).
something like round labels at the left side of the screen with a small pict which would slide-right on mouse-up to display the message would be perfect.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:41 pm
Hi

Maybe You should just use Custom HTML module inside article loaded with {loadposition xxx} where xxx is a name of custom module position.

Just put it in code like that:

Code: Select all
<div style="float: right; width: 300px; margin-right: 20px;">{loadposition xxx}</div>

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:08 pm
Hi Teitbite and thanks for the code
it can work on article but our customer wants a real left + right sidebars he can enable or disable as a module on its VM category pages
BUT your code allowed me to edit the layout.php file of the template and display a left sidebar
(I had to set width in % in sidebars left and right and also in gkContentWrap to have the 3 columns)
my problem is doing that way, I have the 2 sidebars on every pages :roll:

Maybe you have in Gavick a pay-in service for this kind of css templating ?
Please let me know. I spent too many times looking for a valid solution. it would be more efficient to ask for real designers who know the job on this template.
You can tell me by PM.
Thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:11 pm
Hi

We do not support such customisations, but please mail me in private so I'll try to make this change for You. My mail is in a footer of my every post.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.