Installation Advice

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 pm
Hi,
It seems that I am unable to find (manual) installation instructions for this template (Storefront). I gathered from the documentation I managed to find that quickstart could be the simplest way to install it altogether otherwise it may be a bit problematic. The problem is that I have a well established website and a quickstart installation may not be an option.
Going through the documents, I found three zip files for Joomla 2.5: gk_storefront_J!25.zip, gk_storefront_quickstart_J!25.zip and gk_storefront_rest_files_J!25.zip. I had installed the first one (gk_storefront_J!25.zip), which seems to be the template. I am assuming that the second zip file (quickstart) is not needed in my case! I then unzipped gk_storefront_rest_files_J!25.zip and it seems it has four directories with only the "plugins" directory containing some meaningful file, do I need to install these plugins? The template I have installed so far look OK but a bit sterile, am I missing something here?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:09 pm
Its exactly as you have described.
Quickstart - entire Joomla installation pack with all settings, modules etc. I would suggest to install it somewhere temporally so you can see ho w things are setup.
You use "rest" pack if you require the plugins.
Documentation for a template describes exactly what and where to install. You will need at leas News Show Pro plugin. Sometimes Image Show is also required.

GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:13 pm
Cyberek wrote:Its exactly as you have described.
Quickstart - entire Joomla installation pack with all settings, modules etc. I would suggest to install it somewhere temporally so you can see ho w things are setup.
Documentation for a template describes exactly what and where to install. You will need at leas News Show Pro plugin. Sometimes Image Show is also required.

Many thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm
kchahine wrote:
Cyberek wrote:Its exactly as you have described.

Many thanks

Hi Again,
You mentioned two modules: News Show Pro plugin and Image Show plugin, it seems that they are not part of rest files! Any idea where to find them?
Regards.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:15 pm
On our site in download section - they are free for everyone :).

GK User
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 am
witam, trzy razy probowalem zainstalowac StoreFront - Joomla! 2.5.27 - po wgraniu przez FTP startuje instalacja i w pierwszym punkcie po wyborze jezyka (wybralem angielski) instalacja "pada" i kreci sie w kolko bez zadnej reakcji. czytalem juz "how Do" ale nie za bardzo to pomaga dla 2.5.27.... co robic?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:19 pm
@bcsb proszę załóż osobny wątek
@bcsb please create a separate thread

GK User
Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 am
ok
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 pm
I tried to install the quickstart package of storefront (joomla) many times, but its keep on loading by the last stap whats wrong?
Please help me
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:46 pm
@YSSRNL was it 3.x or 2.x version?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.