Cannot work on style after 3.7. update

GK User
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am
Using latest Storefront template.
I have just updated Joomla to 3.7.
Now I cannot work on the Storefront styles anymore. Just possible to make a copy and save. Thats all.

Need an update of the template? Will there be an update?
:?:
Storefront-Style.jpg
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 am
Hi,
Yes, we are working on the update, as a temporary solution please change the following line from templates/gk_storefront/admin/scripts/js file:
Code: Select all
var type = items[i].split('=')[0].test(/^\d+$/) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

into:
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option’;

GK User
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm
I did not find that code in the creativity template.
Expert Boarder

Joshua M
Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 am
It's a path for the StoreFront template, for the creativity, this line may be found in gk_creativity/admin/scripts.js (line 247)

GK User
Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 pm
Joshua,

Thanks, that did the trick!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 08, 2017 11:22 am
Joshua M wrote:Hi,
Yes, we are working on the update, as a temporary solution please change the following line from templates/gk_storefront/admin/scripts/js file:

into:

It still does not work :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am
did not work :( :( :(

Joshua M wrote:It's a path for the StoreFront template, for the creativity, this line may be found in gk_creativity/admin/scripts.js (line 247)
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am
Please change this line to:
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

there was wrong closing quote in the previous line.

GK User
Wed May 17, 2017 6:24 pm
Hello,

I have just updated to critical fix 3.7.1. and now it is not working; I am using latest template release, it was working perfect with 3.7. but now after update to 3.7.1 got broken.

Home page works: http://www.condon.shop

But any product fails to load template:
https://www.condon.shop/index.php?optio ... temid=1125

Any idea?

Thank you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 17, 2017 7:57 pm
That sucks, I'm glad I didn't update yet.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 am
Hello,

I thought it was upgrading to 3.7.1.; but not, that is safe!

The problem is that Virtuemart also released today upgrade to 3.2.2; I upgraded also from 3.2.1. and then thre are problems with product detail pages.

So I downgraded to Virtuemart 3.2.1 and then upgrade Joomla to 3.7.1. and it is working ok.

But something will have to be done concering Virtuemart 3.2.2.; now it is not safe to upgrade to this new relaease.

Thank you and sorry for confusion.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 18, 2017 11:24 am
template still does not work with joomla 3.7.1 even when this new update brings the Fix milliseconds handling in for PHP Versions lower to 7.1.0#15853 https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/15853
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 am
@remar could you provide more details? What exactly doesn't work?

GK User
Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am
@Joshua M, I did apply this but it did´t work.

-- templates/gk_storefront/admin/scripts/js file:
CODE: SELECT ALL

into:
CODE: SELECT ALL

-- I updated site to 3.7.1 because it said it brings some fixe in php. but it did´t work with php 5.6 7.0 or 7.1

>>in php 5.6 gives this error:
Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Startup_Image::createThumbnail() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/partilha/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_startup/controller.php on line 55

..and articles from k2 shows blank.

>>in php 7.0 gives this error:
Deprecated: Non-static method GKIS_Startup_Image::createThumbnail() should not be called statically in /home/partilha/public_html/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_startup/controller.php on line 55

..and articles from k2 shows this: 0 Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding()

>>in php 7.1 gives the same as 7.0

- note i have 3 sites with this problem, one of them I´ve just published it as new website.

help me with this, appreciate.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Sun May 21, 2017 9:20 pm
Could you please provide me with FTP and back-end access to your website via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Tue May 23, 2017 10:00 pm
Is there a fix for this? I'm having the same issue on Joomla 3.7.2 with Creativity Template version 3.21.2.
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 am
@jsternst177 - please create a new thread in Creativity forum section - did you update your template to latest version?

GK User
Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 pm
Yeah I have the newest version of the template. I'll create a new thread.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 am
Hello,

Sorry, it took me some time to reply; I have been very busy these days.

As I wrote at my form post, I updated to Joomla 3.7.2; and updated StoreFront template to latest release; everything is working ok, but when I update to latest Virtuemart edition, product detail page is not working ok.

To allow you to check, I have a production website with Joomla 3.7.2. and Virtuemart 3.2.1; this is working ok; you can check a product detail page at:
https://www.condon.shop/condones/durex- ... servativos

Now I have made an exact copy of this project to a subdirectoy (named "beta") and then updated this copy to Virtuemart 3.2.2.; and now product detail page is not working ok; you can check that same product page at copy with Virtuemart 3.2.2. at this URL:
https://www.condon.shop/beta/condones/d ... servativos

As I said, these both projects are exact copies, with php 7.0.2 (I attach system information page).

In case you need access to backend, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jacobo
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am
Hello,

I just wrote a post some days ago, as explained I am having serious problems with StoreFront template when upgrading to Virtuemart 3.2.2. -latest release-; has anybody test it? any solution?

Just see my previous post; I explain with detail what is happening; and I do include link to test scenarios.

Thank you,

Jacobo
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:12 am
Please let me know if you will be able to check what is going on with this template when upgrading to latest Virtuemart version; as I posted before.

Thank you for your support,

Jacobo
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 am
@infosistemas - could you send me a private message with backend and FTP access to your website with
Virtuemart 3.2.2 and latest Joomla version? Because I've checked my installation of StoreFront template and can't see any problem with product detail page.

Joshua M
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:23 pm
It should be fine now. I've changed this line from html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php
if (VmConfig::get('showCategory', 1)) {

into:
if ($this->cat_productdetails)  {

GK User
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 pm
Hello,

I have updated production site to 3.2.2 and modified code as you told me; now it is working ok, thank you.

When new releases of virtuemart come out, will I have to made the modification every time or are you going to update the template?

Thank you,

Jacobo
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am
Hi,
This fix will be added to the next template update.

GK User
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:39 pm
When will the update be available? I'm waiting for it nearly a month now and would like update to joomla 3.7.2 since there are security issues in earlier releases.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 am
@Adamik - did you update your template to version 3.22 ? (28/04/2017) ? This update contains improvements connected with Joomla 3.7, you can also use it with Joomla 3.7.2. My previous post was connected with VirtueMart latest version.

GK User
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 pm
In my case I update to 3.7.2 and Virtuemart 3.2.2 and after all update In my page they appear all the categories revolted, I even entered the best code ... and nothing .. still the same everything ...

Example link 1.- http://viarden.com/catalogo-de-productos.html
Example link 2.- http://viarden.com/catalogo-de-productos/resinas.html
Any Help..? best Regards
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:31 am
@nachodumas could you provide more details? what's wrong exactly, because I don't know how it looks like before.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.