Products not correctly displayed

GK User
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 pm
Hello,
after some VM component was updated some products do not appear as they did before.

For example if you choose any product from Categories
http://www.smart-solutions.gr/index.php ... ed-heating
it appears fine.
(e.g https://www.smart-solutions.gr/index.ph ... -99-detail)

But if you pick the same product from the list of products below the product is not displayed correctly.
(e.g https://www.smart-solutions.gr/index.ph ... -99-detail)

As you can see there is a small variation in the link ( the word almac).

There is also some problem with the updates, some VM components do not seem to be able to be updated although there is an update available.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:19 am
Hi

Templates are not compatible with newest VM version yet, programmers are working on this right now, please downgrade and wait for the proper update to be released.

GK User
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm
How can i downgrade to a previous VM version? By restoring to a previous backup or is there another way?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am
Hi

You should be able to simply install a lower version of VM. Virtuemart provides couple of recent versions for download.

GK User
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 am
I've downgraded to VM 3.0.19.9 with Joomla 3.6.4, is the template supporting this VM version?
The thing is that I have restored already twice to a previous date with Akeeba Backup because the site was all of a sudden sometimes displaying a blank white screen with two lines,like you can see
screen1.jpg
But sometimes it was loading properly, and that was strange!

After restoring to a previous date and downgrading my VM version, i 've made a new backup and i noticed that the backup filesize is way bigger than the previous ones, although i havent made any other changes to the site, as you can see.
screen2.jpg

I 've also noticed that when the blank page mistake was happening there was an error_log like this:

[23-Jun-2017 11:02:45 Europe/Athens] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function displayMediaThumb() on null in /home/sm293888/public_html/templates/gk_storefront/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_showcategory.php on line 72

Now that i've downgraded everything seems to be ok , but i'm pretty sure the errors with the blank page will happen again, what could be causing them?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm
Hi

Our quickstart comes with VM 3.0.18, but I do not remember any problems with 3.0.19.9 You have, being reported.

If You can make a test site than try update it to latest versions and use this fix:

Edit html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php and change:
Code: Select all
if (VmConfig::get('showCategory', 1)) {

to:
Code: Select all
if ($this->cat_productdetails) {

This I think is the fix for this "Call to a member function displayMediaThumb()" issue.

GK User
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm
Hello, after the downgrade everything seemed ok for a bit..
Well, my client tried to upload a new product and after he saved it, the same blank screen I've sent you in my previous message, with the two lines, came up again.
And I 've come to conclusion that this blank screen comes up every time my client tries to upload a new product.
I've made the fix you proposed in the default.php file, but this still does not solve the problem, what else could we do to solve this one and for all?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm
I restored once again back to a previous date..

If the template is the real problem can we use another template without losing all the uploaded data?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 pm
Hi

I was told that templates has a fix for that, so if You can make a copy of the site and update template there to test, would be great. I'm asking to do it like that since I'm not 100% sure Your blank screen is connected with the problem I've reported to programmers. If it's something else than the blank page may still appear. Having a copy to test that will help to get a fix for this problem.

So if the copy will still be affected, send me an access to ftp and joomla panel access to it to my email [email protected] so I'll be able to work on this.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.