error: JFile: .... /media/k2/assets/js/k2.frontend.js?v2.7.0

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Sun May 08, 2016 3:56 pm
Using HikaShop Business and the StoreFront template. I have installed the Quickstart Storefront, Latest Joomla, HikaShop 2.6.2 and latest K2.

When in the checkout process using the checkout steps I get this error. I am sure that I saw this or similar error also another time, but can't remember where and can't reproduce it just now.

I run Dutch site, the error reads:
JFile: :read: can't open the file: /
JFile: :lezen: Kan het bestand niet openen: /"my site public html path"/media/k2/assets/js/k2.frontend.js?v2.7.0&sitepath=/

I can't figure out what to do with this error.

Thanks fro
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 08, 2016 4:03 pm
I think that I get this error any time when the system needs to alert the visitor to something. e.g. that something is not filled and it is using the system message at the top of the page.

When there's a popup it doesn't happen.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 12, 2016 12:29 am
Hallo?
Could anyone help me?

This error message gets displayed anytime when the template warning message gets displayed. I have storefront quickinstall, with installed Hikashop Business, I installed the latest K2 and the error message still shows up.

I checked the path and the javascript k2.frontend.js file is at the given path.
The error message is this, e.g. when trying to login without user account.

Code: Select all
<dl id="system-message">
<dt class="warning">Waarschuwing</dt>
<dd class="warning message">
<ul>
<li>De combinatie van gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord is niet correct of u heeft nog geen account.</li>
<li>JFile: :lezen: Kan het bestand niet openen: mysite/media/k2/assets/js/k2.frontend.js?v2.7.0&sitepath=/</li>
</ul>
</dd>
</dl>

I don't know even what requires access to that given file. I would really appreciate help on this issue.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 pm
Hi

Looks like compression script cannot process some files. Try to exclude the files mentioned in error message from compression in template advanced settings.

GK User
Tue May 17, 2016 1:09 pm
Indeed that solved the issue.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.