FrontEnd categories duplicated with HikaShop

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:54 am
Dear Support,

Just installed fresh Joomla + Hikashop using the Storefront template as it is announced to be supported, but when I create a hikashop category, it appears twice on the frontEnd.

Here is the link to the test website: https://shop.isunet.edu/index.php/cat-all

It looks like being a template problem as when I am using another template (e.g. joomla standard or Gavick Box) make it appears right.
Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:14 pm
Hi

I'm afraid I cannot open Your site. I'm getting messages that connection isn't secured or that connection has been terminated. Can You please fix it so I'll be able to see the problem ?

GK User
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 pm
I'm having the same issue. Contacted Hikashop, their reply was the following:

"I'm afraid that your issue is related to your template.
If you force the template "protostar" for the menu "Products" (ID 1080) and refresh the page, you do not see anymore the duplication of the categories.
The best would to be contact the template support in order to know more about that issue ; It looks like template provides extra features and in your case, and it generates that duplication of the content."

You can see the problem here: https://sptlt.com/products
Note that I'm currently using an unsigned SSL certificate for testing, so please disregard the warning.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 pm
Solved the issue by removing this line from listing.php:

Code: Select all
if(!empty($html)) echo '<div class="hikashop_subcategories_listing">'.$html.'</div>';
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm
Hi

Thank You for this explanation. I'll pass this to programmers.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.