Mini cart 'proceed to checkout' not working

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:12 am
Hi
I have been pulling my hair out and hoping dearly someone can help me.
I have upgraded my hikashop license to hikashop buisness and the mini cart cart module 'proceed to checkout' button has stopped working. So if I am on the home page and go to the top right minicart and press 'proceed to checkout' it just reloads the home page.
The strange thing is if I don't upgrade to hikashop business it works fine. (I started again and installed the Storefront template and retested it without the upgrade)
Below is website that has been upgraded to hikashop business and the 'proceed to checkout' button isn't working
http://www.designathand.com.au/landhaus ... usWinesFA/
Below is the website that hasn't been upgraded (using free version of hikashop) that works fine
http://www.designathand.com.au/landhaus ... sFA-2KEEP/
Would appreciate any help you might have
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am
Also I don't know if this helps, but I reinstalled joomla, installed the Storefront template and then installed Hikashop business and the same issue happens with the mini cart at the top. (I have added x2 text products for you to test)
http://www.designathand.com.au/landhaus ... usWinesFAR
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Hi

Please make a test and rename folder /html/com_hikashop to /html/_com_hikashop if this will make a difference and button will start to work please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp.

GK User
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm
I'm having the same issue. I renamed the folder and it started working. I'm actually not able to get to the checkout at all, not just with the mini cart. Please help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:07 am
Apparantly this is a update issue. Hikashop has been updated to version 3. I have the same problem and did have to fall back from the update. See Hikashop forum: https://www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout ... tml#264196

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hello,

I updated the site from joomla 3.5.1. and everything worked fine. Then I updated the Hikashop from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 and thats when the problem appeared.

I run hikashop on Gavick Pro Storefront template.

When I want to checkout using the button in the shopping cart module or in the shopping cart menu the site just refreshes and doesn't proceed to checkout. This happened right after update to Hikashp 3.0.0. everything else being the same.

The hardcoded link to the checkout flow that I use in one menu proceeds just fine.

The page is as of now restored to previous state, without the Joomla update and without Hikashop update, so the page works as of now. But I want to update to the latest Hikashop.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

answer:

Hi,

It seems you're not using the cart module of HikaShop but another module (I suppose it's coming with your template).
Thus, this means that the template needs to be updated to accomodate for the changes.
If you have the problem with the default cart module, I would recommend renaming the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php
That will remove the override of the cart module and it will use the new cart module view which will work fine with HikaShop 3.

I would also like to update the Hikashop on the site, but the checkout functionality is a must.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 am
Hi

Thank You for the link to Hikashop forum thread. That's exactly what I would advice:

Code: Select all
If you have the problem with the default cart module, I would recommend renaming the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php

please try that and let me know if it helped.

GK User
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:24 pm
Yes, I tried that, it breaks up the template (not the whole template, just the card module and cart menu) when you don't use the template override, but the functionality is back as far as I could test it.

I also compared the cart.php files and there are massive changes compared to the new version 3.

Could update the cart.php file from the template to Hikashop 3.0.X versions? Or update the styling so that the new cart.php file can be used without the override? Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 pm
Any updates on this?

Will Gavick make the Front Store template compatible with Hikashop 3.0?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi

Template will not be updated for new Hikashop, because of company problems we had to drop support for some extensions.

Please remove /html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php and tell me the url to the page with an example so I'll help You to correct the style.

GK User
Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:09 pm
I can't do that on a live page, I would need to set up an sandbox page and then use the changes you made on the live page.

Don't you have access to HikaShop 3.0 to do it yourself and then provide the styling changes? (I am not sure that this is doable only with styling changes though).
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm
Hi

We do not support Hikashop anymore, what's why there are no updates for it. It was my personal favour to help You. That's why I do not have a server I can work on. Will You prepare it?

GK User
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:48 am
OK, for anyone else with this issue, I have a solution. Edit /templates/gk_storefront/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php
Add the following around line 321 (just above the proceed to cart code) ...
<p class="hikashop_cart_input_button"> <a href="url of your checkout page">proceed to checkout</a></p>

You will then need to go into the hikashop cart module and disable the original proceed to checkout button (this was added in 3.0.1).

Ok, it's not pretty but it works!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:12 pm
Hi

This sounds familiar. I think I've than this fix on one of my own sites. Thank You for shearing this, I totally forgot.

GK User
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:26 pm
Hi all

I made a few ajustments to cart.php to make it work in Hikashop 3.2.0

Line 11 add this:
global $Itemid;
$css_button = $this->config->get('css_button', 'hikabtn');
$css_button_checkout = $this->config->get('css_button_checkout', '');
$module_id = (int)$this->params->get('id', 0);

Around line 120 replace form tag with:
<form action="<?php echo hikashop_completeLink('product&task=updatecart'.$this->url_itemid, false, true); ?>" method="post" name="hikashop_<?php echo $this->element->cart_type; ?>_form" onsubmit="if(window.hikashop) return window.hikashop.submitCartModule(this, 'hikashop_cart_<?php echo $module_id; ?>', '<?php echo $this->element->cart_type; ?>');">

Around line 327 replace with this:
<?php
if ($this->params->get('cart_type', 'cart') != 'wishlist' && $this->params->get('from', 'display') == 'module') :
   if($this->params->get('show_cart_proceed',1)) {
?>
   <a class="<?php echo $css_button . ' ' . $css_button_checkout; ?>" href="<?php echo $this->url_checkout; ?>" onclick="if(this.disable) return false; this.disable = true;"><span><?php
   echo JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT');
?></span></a>               
<?php
}
endif; ?>

Regards,
Henrik
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:16 am
Thanks Henrik
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.