Moving top menu to the right side (cart position)

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Sat May 07, 2016 4:45 pm
I would like to move the top menu over to the right side of the window (to the cart position). And move the cart information to the right side. I've tried just changing module positions, but it appears to be more complicated. Has anyone else tried this?

move-menu.jpg
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm
I sent you a PM. ~thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am
Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
#gkCart {
    float: left;
}

#gkTopMenu {
    float: right;
}

#gkPopupCart {
    right: auto;
}

#gkSearchBtn {
    float: left;
}

#gkCartCounter {
    padding-left: 0;
}

#gkSearchBtn {
    margin-left: 20px;
}

GK User
Tue May 17, 2016 3:30 am
Thanks so much. That worked great!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 am
Ok.. I have a follow up question. Please advise if a new post is recommended.

Now that the cart is on the left side, I would like to remove the cart logo and total and replace it with our social icons/links... (like what is found at the bottom of the page, near the newsletter signup).

I have created a new module with the social buttons and links and published it to the "cart" module position, but it doesn't show up. I think I have to hide cart information first.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 am
Hi

"cart" module position is inside cart popup, so please do not use it. You will have to create a new module position for it: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... e-position

GK User
Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:31 pm
Ok.. I've struggled with this and haven't been able to figure it out. I wish I was better with the code side of Joomla. :(

Is there a way you could help me with this? I'd gladly pay for someone's time.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:50 pm
Hi

Please mail me privately at [email protected] so we can discuss it.

GK User
Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:22 am
I sent you an email (actually, I've sent two). I sent the second one tonight. Please let me know if you didn't get my email.

teitbite wrote:Hi

Please mail me privately at [email protected] so we can discuss it.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:06 pm
Hi

I'm sure I haven't got it. Have you sign it somehow ? Tell me maybe a title or anything which will help me to locate it in my mail box.

teitbite
Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:53 am
Hi

Yes, I've received this one and I've searched with Your email address just now. As You can see it's the only mail I got from You.

GK User
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:45 pm
Great... Please reply to me so we can discuss my original request... (see thread for details.)

Thanks... have a great weekend,
Mat

teitbite wrote:Hi

Yes, I've received this one and I've searched with Your email address just now. As You can see it's the only mail I got from You.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:42 am
Hi

I've just replied. Lets keep our conversation in mail from now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.