Trouble with Hikashop product image size settings.

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 pm
Hello, first time posting and I have honestly spent quite some time trying to figure this out on my own. I am NOT an expert and have learned A LOT over the past weeks. My issue is in trying to set up Hikashop product images with the Gavick Pro "Storefront" template. I am having a problem with keeping the thumbnails and product images sharp and clear. It seems I can have one or the other but not both. If I set the Hikashop to the suggested images sizes then everything that is "zoomed" (DIV) is very blown out and pixelated. The raw image sizes are 1000 x 667 so the quality is there upon upload. If I set the image size to 1000 x 667 in Hikashop my large images are perfect, clean and crisp. This then blows out the product page zooms with thumbnails. If I change the thumbnails back to the suggested 258 x 321 size then the opposite happens. Thumb nail is clean, zoom image getting pixelated the the big category image it just really blown out. I am sure I am missing something easy (again I am a newb). This is one of the final steps as I am starting to add products to my website. I have access to good size raw images but I am missing something on the settings to strike a balance. Hikashop ->Configuration ->main ->images is where I am playing.
Thanks in advance..
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:10 pm
Hi

Please tell me examples to pages with both kinds of images.

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:08 pm
How do I make a larger image does not lose quality?
http://prntscr.com/4yy0lz
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:04 am
Hi

I believe this should be configurable in Hikashop settings. Unfortunately I'm not Hikashop expert so You should ask this question on their forum.

GK User
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 am
This issue has already been discussed but have not been able to find any solution on Hikashop Forum

http://www.hikashop.com/forum/product-c ... oming.html
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm
It answered me in supporting the HikaShop:
"
The zoom on that page comes from something called gkZoom which is apparently a feature of your template.
I see two problems with it:
1. The zoomed image is pixelated
2. The zoomed image doesn't work after you change the variant selection

As this is something relative to your template, and we don't know how that works, you need to contact your template provider so that they can address the problems.
"
Nowhere have not seen a worse image quality. Is not it solved?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:30 am
Hi

Zoom is template feature, but question was where to set the width of the image in product details ;/
Zoom is using the same image which was entered in hikashop product, so You need system to tell that the image should just be bigger. Simply the image after zoom should be the one You have uploaded, but hikashop is resizing it down to some value which is in configuration. If they do not know where to resize it than send ma an access to joomla panel and ftp. I'll try to locate it.

teitbite
Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 am
Hi

In hikashop configuration in images section I've found option to set product page images size.

Please add this to override.css to fix the issue with left column in this layout, please remember that override needs to be enabled in template settings in order to use it.

Code: Select all
div#hikashop_product_left_part div {
    max-width: 100%;
}

GK User
Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:35 pm
Thenks!
problem solved
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:45 am
Hi

No problem, glad I could help :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.