Issue with videos

GK User
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 am
Hi guys,
I'm looking around on the forums but Seems no one had this problem.
When I post an article containing a video, this do not Appears in the video section. I Looked on the customization document but the only thing I can found was the setting of the data_source_type.

I tried to import the demo's videos/articles but they still do not appear in section. So I changed the shortcode replacing the data source with a category filter. This way I can see the videos correctly Placed in the section but only the demo's video works properly opening the pop-up video. I really can't understand how to post an article containing a video and show it properly :huh:

Another little issue is on the visualization of the videos (the working ones) on Chrome where they are show without the circle play button on the preview image. I tried to disable word break but this resolved this issue only on the other browser.

Thanks in advance for your attentions, and sorry for my bad english :blush:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:39 am
Sorry for the second post, but I can't edit the firt. The site is: http://history.aliantetuscia.com/
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am
Hi,

Video should be added to posts which are displayed by News Show Pro shortcode. Please edit your post and add technews-featured-video custom field with the following value:
Code: Select all
<iframe src="#url-to-your-video" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

If custom field are not visible, please enable it from Screen Options button (top right corner)

GK User
Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:04 pm
Hey guys!
I also did not understand where to insert this code so that the video was opened correctly?
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 pm
Please check attached screenshot.

GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:10 pm
Hi,
sorry if i reply only now. You save me. It worked! :lol:
Thanks again.

Any ideas about the issue with the visualization (with Chrome) of the "circle play button" on the videos correctly added in the Video section? Do you know how resolve it?
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am
Could you provide a screenshot? I'm not sure where's the issue with "circle play button".

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 am
Hi again,
in the screenshot you can see above Safari and below Chrome.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm
It looks like material icons and chrome browser issue, try to change the icon to FontAwesome by adding the following custom css code:
Code: Select all
.gk-nsp-technews_videos .gk-nsp-item.video .gk-nsp-image-wrap:after {
 content: "\f144";
    font-family: FontAwesome;
}

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 pm
It worked.
Thanks again for you help. You have been very kind :)
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.