Change NSP module default view in TechNews

September 2015 Joomla Template
GK User
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am
Hello guys,

Can someone please tell me how to set the NSP module to display horizontally instead of the default view?
Please see picture.

[attachment=0]TechNews_WhatsNewModule.PNG[/attachment]

Your help is truly appreciated.
Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am
I’m afraid that modifications such as this require extensive changes to the theme’s code; I do apologize but such large changes are custom work that are beyond the scope of our technical support.

GK User
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 am
teitbite wrote:I’m afraid that modifications such as this require extensive changes to the theme’s code; I do apologize but such large changes are custom work that are beyond the scope of our technical support.

Hello Teibite, thank you for taking into consideration my request for help but may be there is some confusion somewhere... What I need is to have the second view, which is already an available option, become the default view when you enter the site (see the picture). This wayI could have two NSP modules on the same page, one with the horizontal display and another one with the vertical display.

Are you sure that option has not already been implemented?

Thanks again for your support.

Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:59 am
Hi

Yes I'm sure. I've checked the script's code before answering and I saw that the first view has been hardcoded than the second view is an override. Switching it is possible of course, but it requires a lot of extra coding with rewriting the script to use second option as default and after doing that You will not be able to use one layout for one module and second for other. The way it's implemented means that only one layout can be a default one, sorry.

GK User
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:20 pm
Ok, thank you for taking the necessary time to explain the situation.

Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 am
Hi

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.