No Buttons in backend Template manager

September 2015 Joomla Template
GK User
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm
Hi There to all!

I had a big problem with the template on backend. the buttons are missing and i had no access to template settings, any help? template technews 1.04 Joomla 3.7.5
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 am
Is there any way to update the template withoutlose my customisation and without the backend buttons because are still missing?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:29 am
Is there a support from Gavick or No?
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am
Hi,
The latest version of Technews template is 1.0.6. Please download latest version manually and your problem will be fixed. If you want to keep your customization, you have to compare files manually. List of changed files may be found here (version 1.0.5 and 1.0.6)
https://www.gavick.com/updates?task=upd ... 66&catid=4
https://www.gavick.com/updates?task=upd ... 09&catid=4

GK User
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 pm
Can you provide me a "way" how to do this? If i understand you, do you mean to reinstall the template with the quickstart new version 1.05 and then reintall the 1.0.6? I dont understand how can i keep my customisation. I dont have big experience in coding...
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:43 am
Hi,
Not the quickstart - it's enough to update only template files (templates/gk_technews directory - did you edit any file from this directory? If no, you can download the latest version gk_technews_J!3.zip, unzip it, connect to your server via FTP client and upload it to your templates/gk_technews),

If you modified any file from this directory, you have to compare which files are modified to keep your template file customization (modified code)

Plase remember about the full backup first!

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.