TechNews for Joomla : Header customization

September 2015 Joomla Template
GK User
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 am
Hello,
I am looking for help to accomplish the following:

1 - Set the search field located in the navigation bar to stay open all the time (no need to click on the icon)

2 - Set the top login form and the footer popup menu to disappear when I click on an empty space on the screen (no need to click on the login icon a second time to close the form if I decide not to login anymore)

3 - I have set a menu with multiple columns in the sub menu level that is being displayed outside of the page area (see the attached screenshot). How can I move the sub menu to the right or where the main menu itself starts?

[attachment=0]menu_h.png[/attachment]

Please note that area related to each question is indicated in the attached image.

Thank you very much for help.

Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 am
I’m afraid that modifications such as this require extensive changes to the theme’s code; I do apologize but such large changes are custom work that are beyond the scope of our technical support.

GK User
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm
[quote="teitbite"]I’m afraid that modifications such as this require extensive changes to the theme’s code; I do apologize but such large changes are custom work that are beyond the scope of our technical support.[/quote]

Thank you Teitbite for your answer. I can understand if you say that two of my questions are custom modification (and this is the reason I thought asking for help in the forum could be a good thing...) but, what about the problem with the menu? This one is not modification, it's a problem with the css code of the menu itself. All I did is using the GK Extended menu features to create a mega menu. Does that mean I should not go over two or three columns?

Thank you for helping,

Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 am
Hi

3. Submenu is being displayed aligned right or left to its parent element, depending which side the more will fit. I may try to force it use align with page border, but will need an url to Your site, since it's only for specific situation as on Your website.

Please tell me the url to Your site.

GK User
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 am
Hello Teibite,

Is there a restriction on sending PM to you, I sent the URL but the message does not leave my Outbox.
Please provide guidance.

I would like to keep my URL private as I am developing the website.

Thank you,
Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 am
Hi

I think my box is filled up. Please send it to my mail [email protected]

teitbite
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 am
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
#gkHeaderNav .gkMainMenu .gkmenu > li div.childcontent {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}

this will remove the small gap on left side, but if You wish to change positioning of a submenu with multicolumn do this:

Code: Select all
#gkHeaderNav .gkMainMenu .gkmenu {
    position: static;
}

#gkHeaderNav .gkMainMenu .gkmenu > li:nth-child(1) {
    position: static;
}

#gkHeaderNav .gkMainMenu .gkmenu > li:nth-child(1) > div.childcontent {
left: 0 !important;
margin-left: 0 !important;
}

GK User
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:23 am
The second part did exactly what I wanted !
Thank you very much Teitbite !

I regret I will have to use another extension to scroll my news categories :(

Ernst.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 am
Hi

Great, at least I'm happy the styling changes worked. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.