Issues with 'widespace'

Support help forum dedicated to free and commerical templates for Joomla 3 and 2.5 version.
GK User
Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:04 pm
Ok, I am not sure where to put this and maybe it is my own experience, but...

Lately I've been experimenting with templates like Box, restaurant, hotel and quark. What I notice is that there is always a huge amount of widespace between the body and menu (or when you have modules in between). I usually align the alements closer to eachother with things like margin-top: 50px; in the override.css and sometimes I even setup modules for mobile and desktop seperatly.

Since the .nomobile .mobilyonly (I know I can add it) has been removed it's been more difficult to get sites nice looking. Sometimes changing the margins on a desktop, screws up the layout on a mobile site and I have to make seperate CSS for it.

It's the reason why I, for the first time in years, used another template to build a site a few weeks ago. I even replaced the Gavick template. I want to keep using the Gavick templates without too much customizations, but that's more difficult right now.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 pm
Hi

I will show Your note to programmers. I'm sure I can talk them into restoring "nomobile" classes, but the wide space is kind of a trend in website design, so this would need to be customized manually.

GK User
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I will show Your note to programmers. I'm sure I can talk them into restoring "nomobile" classes, but the wide space is kind of a trend in website design, so this would need to be customized manually.

Thx, it's also a matter of taste ofc.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:12 pm
Hi

Unfortunately they cannot change it in existing templates, but as I heard design standards are changes and most probably newer templates will not have such big empty spaces.

If You want me to help You reduce same of them in templates You already have, than just let me know which one.

GK User
Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Unfortunately they cannot change it in existing templates, but as I heard design standards are changes and most probably newer templates will not have such big empty spaces.

If You want me to help You reduce same of them in templates You already have, than just let me know which one.

Thx, appreciated. For now I am fine, any clue when there will be new maps?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 pm
Hi

I'm sorry, but as forum moderator I do not have an access to developers schedule, so simply do not have such informations.

GK User
Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm sorry, but as forum moderator I do not have an access to developers schedule, so simply do not have such informations.

Np :)
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.