Adding content to the Tab Module

Corporate business Joomla theme to introduce your company in attractive way.
GK User
Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:31 pm
Can anyone please tell me how to add content to the Tab module?? I have looked at several ways to tie-in the content but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm
You have to create the new module and contain in him content.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:48 am
I am having the same problem. I have created 2 tabs, and I can see them both, but I have tried everything to get any module to appear in the tab. I have set the modules as user1|user2 but neither appear in tabs. Any suggestions.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 pm
i have the same problem too.

i open 2 new module positions. and put the modules which i want to show in tab module these 2 new module positions. i make this 2 modules suffix -tab. then imake the configurations of tab module. but i cant see the modules there :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 pm
traders wrote:
i have the same problem too.

i open 2 new module positions. and put the modules which i want to show in tab module these 2 new module positions. i make this 2 modules suffix -tab. then imake the configurations of tab module. but i cant see the modules there :(

i solve the problem now.

Step by Step using tab mods :

1- create new module positions from your admin center.(i named modtab1,modtab2)
2- create your own modules if you want to use this tab module like banner rotator else skip this step.
3- open which module you want to add. for ex: login module ,edit this module's suffix -tab
4- open your tab mod module and configure it. you mut be careful :

Tab Title : YOu can write anything you want : like Welcome|Membership|Register
Tab Modules : you must write the module names : like modtab1|modtab2|modtab3

sorry about my bad english :laugh:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Hi Traders,

Thanks for your explanations, but I didn't find out how to create new tab modules ...

Can you help ???

Thanks in advance....:blush:
Fresh Boarder

Seichinha
Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:09 pm
Hi

This mod_tabs provides the projection of other modules.

First, you must set new modules positions on Site > Templates Manager > Modules Positions
and here you create for example, user20, user21, user22 and user23.

Them go to Modules > Site Modules and create 4 new modules and put inside the respective content. We will call them
User 20 module - is set to position user20
User 21 module - is set to position user21
User 22 module - is set to position user22
User 23 module - is set to position user23

Now, go to Gavick TabMods and set:

tabsTitles=Tab1|Tab2|Tab3|Tab4
tabsModules=user20|user21|user22|user23

IMPORTANT: Don't use spaces. Wrong Example: user20 |user21..

That's it.

Cheers

GK User
Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:57 pm
Hi Seichinha,

I think this issue is general for all templates, especially man of the more recent ones that use the tabmods

Can you please make this sticky. Also, if all threads that have been resolved properly to be marked "SOLVED"

And, better still, could the "working solution" be added in the FAQs or a Tutorial section at the very top rather than just in specific template. The same should be done for the other common modules -- News Show II, Slide Show, etc. It might minimize the same questions being asked, repeatedly.

Eventually, I hope FAQs and Tutorials like these would be included eventually in the manual.

Thanks.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:39 pm
Seichinha wrote:
Hi

This mod_tabs provides the projection of other modules.

First, you must set new modules positions on Site > Templates Manager > Modules Positions
and here you create for example, user20, user21, user22 and user23.

Them go to Modules > Site Modules and create 4 new modules and put inside the respective content. We will call them
User 20 module - is set to position user20
User 21 module - is set to position user21
User 22 module - is set to position user22
User 23 module - is set to position user23

Now, go to Gavick TabMods and set:

tabsTitles=Tab1|Tab2|Tab3|Tab4
tabsModules=user20|user21|user22|user23

IMPORTANT: Don't use spaces. Wrong Example: user20 |user21..

That's it.

Cheers

Hi Seichinha,

Some questions to clarify the procedure:

In theory, does it always have to be a new user module?

For example, to save space, can't I place the listing of the Latest News Headlines, Most Popular Headlines (both already existing News Show II modules in the News), etc. into a TabMods Module.

Layout of Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3, etc.

Right now, in the Gavick TabMods Modules has the titles "Tab1", "Tab2", "Tab3", "Tab4" as "left justified".

What needs to be changed so that if there are three(3), four(4), five(5), etc. "Tab titles" each "Tab title" will then occupy about 33.3% (for three Tab titles), 25% (for four Tab titles), 20% (for four Tab titles), etc. of the TabMods module width, so that the Tab titles will always occupy the entire width of the TabMods module.

Another thing, Joomlart has a way to have the Tab titles occupy both the top and bottom of their TabMod. Can this be done with the Gavick TabMods module? If it could be done, it will even be a greater space saver.

Thanks.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

Seichinha
Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:18 pm
Hi Cornelio

a)
It's not necessary to be new modules, but I suggest that you do like that for better control.

b)
Tyler - one off Gavick Team Member, is working in some Video Tutorials and .pdf Manuals to include in all Modules, Componentes and Templates for better explanation of procedure's installation.

c) Tab Title on top? Maybe on next revision.

Cheers ;)

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:40 pm
Hi there...

Just one more stupid question... (hoping it will be the last one...)

How do you link content to the "read more..." button that is at the bottom of the tab frames ?

Thank you so much...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm
Just 3 more stupid questions...

1°) - I would like to add a Newsletter subscription form in the Poll tab... Can anyone explain what I should do ?

2°) - How can i get rid of the 2 lines at the very bottom of the web page, mentionning Terms and conditions etc... info about joomla and Gavick...

3°) - Can anyone tell me how to make these nice little shadows under the ipod pix in The corporation ?

Thank you so much in advance

DĂŠrick from Lyon (France)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:13 pm
Thanks Seichinha,

I will be content with a pdf, not need for anything more sophisticated, if that will hasten things up.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

PrimaHouse
Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:12 pm
After hours trying to configure this without success, the answer about "user20, user21,.." module positions doesn't help.

In the Module Edit area of the Admin back-end, with the Corporation template fully installed, I only have a choice of module positions up to 'user9'. Joomla 1.5 doesn't seem to have the ability to add new module positions as easily as in 1.0.

So, instead, if I assign 'user8' to a new module I've created and put 'user8' in the 'tabsmods' field, I get the module title showing OK on the webpage but still no content. See screengrab attached.

It seems that Gavick templates and extensions never really work properly. I'm having problems with the 'Cutting Edge' template and extensions as well. Infuriating.

None of the instructions are in proper English either, which makes it hard to follow - and I'm an English graduate.

Am I missing the point somewhere?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.