Images not showing... subpages not showing

Corporate business Joomla theme to introduce your company in attractive way.
GK User
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:00 am
So I can't figure this issue out at all...

Images on pages outside of the homepage will not display. They do not load. No idea what is going on.

When I enable the SEF setting and enable the mod_rewrite(and have renamed the htaccess file), I get a 404 error whenever goig to any subpage. Homepage works properlly, but no other page does.

my site is http://www.keylightadvertising.com
I am using Joomla 1.5.18
Go Daddy shared hosting server
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:39 am
update:

When you go to the site for the first time, click on a page, the images do appear. When you return to that page again, the image does not load properlly.

Check out the image in the footer of the site. This is where the problem is occuring and the this page as well: http://keylightadvertising.com/index.php/who-we-are
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:56 am
Hi

I can see You've solved problem with missing pages.

If it goes for the image in the footer. Did You set this image in some module? Please try dissable caching for this module or move the file from /stories directory. I do not know if that's the case but it's worth trying.

GK User
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 pm
Here is another update on the issue. I do not have caching enabled on any of the modules.

When you first go to a page, here is the properties (URL) on a photo: http://keylightadvertising.com/images/s ... credit.png

When you refresh the page, or go to the page again, this is the URL you get: http://keylightadvertising.com/index.ph ... credit.png

Now I have renamed my htaccess file to .htaccess. I have the SEF enabled. I do not have the mod_rewrite enabled because that was causing the subpages to not work properlly.

Not sure where I should go from here.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm
Hi

This index.php in url is from htaccess. Please send me joomla panel details.

GK User
Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm
I have sent login information via [email protected]

THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 am
Hi

Sorry but I didn't found anything ;/ Please maby upgrade the template to the latest version. I'm waiting for some information from our programmer to fix this.

teitbite
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm
Hi

Ok I got an answer from programmer. It looks like some bug in sef. Probably You should use mod_rewrite. Try enable it and check if htaccess.txt file is renamed to .htaccess.

GK User
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm
I know this is not what you want to hear, but mod_rewrite is enabled and the file has been renamed .htaccess.

This is where I get the issue that my subpages will not show up. I get a page not found error.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:43 am
Hi

I've beed talking to our programmer because even changing the path to the file to the full with http:// etc. didn't help.

This issue is strictly connected with SEF we think. Are You using some diffrent SEF plugin than was included with Quickstart? If Yes please try to change it to the standard one, if no please try with upgrading template and joomla. If this won't help we think that this error may come from the server, so please prepare info about Your server. What's installed, the number of version, etc.

Please also look at joomla forum, because in our templates we do not change anything connected to SEF it is strictly like clear joomla got it, maby they will have the answer.

GK User
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:29 pm
I have been trying to get an answer in the Joomla forums and no one seems to know what is going on. Below is my server information. Let me know if I should provide anything else.

Server IP Address: 173.201.148.1
Operating System: Windows Hosting
Type: Shared Hosting Hosting
.Net Runtime Version: ASP.Net 2.0/3.0/3.5
PHP Version: PHP 5.x
IIS Version: 7.0
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:33 am
Anyone with any other suggestions as to why this is happening? I have not had this issue with any other Joomla site that I have also hosted through GoDaddy.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 am
Hi

Lately I'm getting more and more question common to Yours so it make me think it's some joomla bug, because it's not connected to a specific template. I'm working on the solution for someone else and trying to rewrite .htaccess and force the base url value to not use index.php. Will let You know when I hopefuly work it out.

GK User
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm
Any other progress on this matter? Do we know if it is a Joomla bug, or maybe a hosting bug?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 pm
Hi

Noone else has been telling about this problem, so I do not think it's joomla bug. I'm still waiting for an answer form our programmer.

GK User
Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 am
Sorry to keep bugging about this. Do we think it is a hosting issue? I would really like to get this resolved.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm
Hi

I did send Your post to our programmer again.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.