Gmap - News II conflict

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 2:46 pm
Hello,

First of all, good job with Radek for the website of the Joomla! Day in Poland. :woohoo:

We are working on a website http://www.sxminfos.net using your template The world newsII
I've installed gmapfp but it seems there is a conflict between gmap and this template (or an other extension).
The parameters of gmap does not appear in the backend and on the frontend you can see there's a problem : http://sxminfos.net/services/cartes.html
I use a lot gmap on my websites, it's the 1st time I have this problem.

Can you help me with this issue ?

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm
To delete this white background around the google maps buttons please add this code to override.css file and enable 'Use override css' in template settings :

div#gmapfp img {background: none !important}

If you have any screen how this module should look please attach it here I'll give you more styling directions.

If you don't see parameters at the back end it is probably not template issue because template don't have any affect for backend, I advise you to reinstall extension.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the answer. My problem is not for the moment a css problem, I've not worked yet on the css of gmap, as I have a conflict to solve before.
I've of course delete and reinstall several times gmap, same problem rach time : I do not have the parameters tab in the back end and it's not coming from the gmap version, I use it with no problem on other template.

Here is the normal back-end of gmap :
normal.jpg

Here is the back-end of gmap with News II
pasnormal.jpg

Also, on the front-end you can see that the satellite map does not work correctly.

If you need an access to the back-end of this "test" website, do not hesitate

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 am
Template can't affect at any backend settings, especially to component settings view - you should contact with extension developer. In addition please check this screen from satellite view - what is wrong here >> https://skitch.com/bkrztuk/82ut9/dreamweaver
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 09, 2012 8:43 pm
Thanks for your answer. I'll contact gmap for this strange problem.
I thought about contacting him but not find the time to do it yet...

Thanks again

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 pm
Hello,

Just wanted to inform you that my problem with Gmapfp is solved, it was part of the code that was for Joomla!1.5 and not for Joomla! 2.5
And for the satelitte view, the problem is solved with your css style

Thanks !

Sandra
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 am
Thanks for informations, hope it will be valuable for other users who use gmap module.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.