Template totally not working on new server

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm
Hello,

I recently purchased the new II template, it was working really fine on a first testing server. Today I installed it on a dedicated server and only the back-end part is working. front-end only displays what you can see on that url : http://eventail01.chacsnetworks.com/

I'm totally lost. I set backend to display errors, checked apache error log but there is nothing, no error.

If I enable site offline in the backend I can see the maintenance page.

What can I do ?

Thanx.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am
After further investigation it seems that it's the mod_news_pro_gk4 that causes the website to totally crash. But still have no clue on what's going wrong with it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:25 am
NSP Module needs server resources to be able to process its data and images etc. So check or compare phpinfo for both of your servers and config values such as php memory limit, or php execution time etc.

Also please update weather module to new module as that version is giving errors due to old Google Api.

I have also noticed your menu links are not working, is this because you have removed the content or is that a fresh quickstart installation ?

Let us know, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am
I'll do the phpinfo comparison.

I'll update the weather module, but it was less important in my priority list.

About the links, this is a fresh quickstart installation, maybe it's caused by the url rewriting not working.

The server is brand new server with a fresh unix, apache, mysql installation and still needs fine tuning which I guess explains the problems I encounter.

I'll let know about my findings.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 am
Ok I solved the NSP problem, GD lib wasn't installed. I didn't thought about that because I specifically asked to install it when I ordered the new server setup.

Working on solving the URL problem. If you have a clue ?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:06 am
Please check following;

1. Check your menu items and make sure they are setup correctly and they are assigned to valid and correct categories or components.
2. Clear your Joomla Cache.
3. Clear any created urls if you are using third party SEF Component.
4. Check if your server enabled apache mod_rewrite.
5. Check joomla global config for your SEO settings are correctly set.

Let us know, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.