TWN News module error

Joomla template especially designed for news or magazine website with amazing content display flexibility.
GK User
Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 am
Hi!

If I want publish only one section with 3 kategories on frontpage in TWN News module (mod_gk_news), nothing visible. Two or more sections works great, but only one doesn't. Obviously I give a new moduleID before changing. What is wrong with this module?

Other: I cannot disable the sliding option. I switch off the sliding in administrator panel and on frontpage that is still active.

Please help!

Regards
pcMANiac
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 pm
Hi

Please send me joomla access panel to Your site.

teitbite
Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 pm
Hi

I have found Your mail but the access You gave me doesn't have an ability to see the modules.

GK User
Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:00 pm
Sorry! Changed.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:14 pm
Hi

Grrrr. Now I cannot find the module on Your site. Should be at tab11 but there's not ;/

GK User
Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:25 pm
:)

"Hírgyűjtő címlapon"

in mainbody position
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 pm
Hi

You are right. Selecting 1 section do not show anything. But I have checked it on 3 diffrent sites and it works fine there. I copied settings but the problem is still there ;/ I have no idea why. All looks the same as on page I did compared it with.

Gotta send it to our programmer.

GK User
Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:22 am
Hi!

Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for the solution.

As I wrote there are two other problems with this module. The "sliding" and "options" adjustments are not work properly. I switch off these two parameters but they are still active on the frontpage. So I cannot turn off these options.

Regards
pcMANiac
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 am
Dear Gavick Team!

Any news about this problem? :dry:
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 am
Hi

I send this thread once again to our programmer.

GK User
Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 am
Hi!

Thanks! I hope at last you can help me. It's a really GK module problem not customization.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm
Will be happened anything at last? I had an absolutely legitimate question and you gave me only some promise. I need more action. :angry: My TWN news module is faulty yet.

pcMANiac
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm
Hi

I'm really sorry, but Dziudek is working on the new template relise right now. I'll remind Him about this thread once again.

teitbite
Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm
Hi

I've got an answer form Dziudek, that the problem is fixed. Did You talked to Him or He just fixed it at Your site ? :D

GK User
Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 pm
Hi!

He just fixed it and I didn't know about it. Can you tell me what was wrong with that module? I want use this template on other sites and would like to fix it myself next time.

Thanks for your and Dziudek help!

pcMANiac
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 am
Hi

Sorry. I have no idea what was wrong. I've just get an info from Dziudek, that He fixed it.

GK User
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:54 am
Hi!

Would you ask him what was wrong? Made I any mistake with module settings? Maybe was it a module bug? I'm very curious.

Regards
pcMANiac
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:31 pm
Hi

Ok. The mail with te question was send :)

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am
I've fixed source of the GK News module - if you want to use it on other website you can just copy module files and replace original files in other installation.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 am
Hi!

Thanks Dziudek! Then the module was wrong. :S
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:41 am
Is the fix for the problem available? I am suffering from the exact same problem.

I have sliding set to off but it still slides up when clicked.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 am
Hi

The fix should me in rest_files package.

GK User
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 am
Hi, just to confirm I have replaced the GK News module from the rest files package, but the sliding problem still occurs.

It seems that the rest files.zip still has GK News v1.0 without the fix.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am
Maybe I can help. This is my repaired module in a zip file. This is not a normal installable version. Just unpack and copy to your same folder and overwrite the old files.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am
Thanks very much for that, I really appreciate your help :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:07 am
With pleasure :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 am
Hello.
Could anyone help me please, I installed the template The World News II for joomla 2.5 and this error is occurring below.
What should I do?

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C: \ wamp \ www \ the-world-news-II \ modules \ mod_news_pro_gk4 \ tmpl \ layout.parts.php on line 65
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 pm
Hi

It's hard to tell where this error is comming from if it's on Your local host. Please tell me what PHP version are You using.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.