Home Page Layout Messed Up

GK User
Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:47 pm
I'm trying to figure out why my homepage layout is all messed up compared to all the other pages ( http://joomla25.gaiacollege.net/ ).

I think it may have to do with the fact that, for some reason, the 'gkPage' class isn't being applied to the home page 'gkHeader' and 'gkPageContent'. But that doesn't seem to be the whole issue.

Thanks,
Phil
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:02 am
Okay, I was right. For some reason you're removing the 'gkPage' class on the home page header id="gkHeader" and div id="gkPageContent". So I commented out the if statements in gk_university/layouts/default.php and it works now:

Code: Select all
 <header id="gkHeader"<?php //if(!$this->layout->isFrontpage() && !in_array('frontpage', explode(' ', $page_suffix_output))): ?> class="gkPage"<?php //endif; ?>>

Code: Select all
<div id="gkPageContent"<?php //if(!$this->layout->isFrontpage() && !in_array('frontpage', explode(' ', $page_suffix_output))): ?> class="gkPage"<?php //endif; ?>>

But that's a hack I'd rather not have to use. Is there an easier way?

Thanks, Phil
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:37 pm
Hi

This is a correct solution. Frontpage is designed to look different on purpose, but You can also manipulate with the view by using page class suffixes in template settings. Anyway I would leave this as You have it now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.