please help installing joomla 2.5 template university

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 pm
JInstaller: :Install: Archivo no existe C:\xampp\htdocs\calidad\tmp\install_5492fb244376a\gk_university\error.php
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Hi,
1) You're right that file is missing, upss. Please copy this file from another template package (Photo, Writer) into yours - just put inside zip. And try again.
2) I suggest to use Joomla 3.3. Official Support for Joomla 2.5 will be ended in next 13 days. So since January 2015 no more updates.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:52 pm
modules from my normal desktop install but installing the gk_university_J! 25 template I get this error, use joomla 2.5 because that used in my work if they could help PORF:

JInstaller: :Install: Archivo no existe C:\xampp\htdocs\calidad\tmp\install_5493045dcf151\gk_university\error.php
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:26 pm
My understanding is that the reason why not gk_university_J! 25 installed is missing the file error.php on gk_university_J! 3 business if it comes joomla 2.5 consiguó but no, could you explain the reason, just bought the template
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 pm
Developer forgot to put this file, that why You got this error. But I cannot fix it remote. Im only moderator, not GK developer.
Just insert this file inside template package and install again.

About Joomla 2.5, you read something on Joomla.org on last weeks, days? If not, do it.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:05 pm
Advisor: I replace the error.php file Export Team for joomla 3 could tell me how to set the option to menu, Menu Params (GavickPro) in the quickstart is configured but the template that initiate implement does not appear:

Layout Options
Article Options
Integration Options
Link Type Options
Page Display Options
Metadata Options
Menu Params (GavickPro)
Module Assignment for this Menu Item

In just mine looks like this:

Required Settings
Link Type Options
Page Display Options
Metadata Options
Module Assignment for this Menu Item
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:02 pm
Why the label "time" and class = "gkEventDateStart" "datetime "do not work?'m Setting the date for my events and can not be set, to publish disappear:

<time class="gkEventDateStart" datetime="17-11-2014">17 Noviembre 2014</time> - <time class="gkEventDateEnd" datetime="29-11-2014">29 Noviembre 2014</time>
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:14 pm
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean:
could tell me how to set the option to menu, Menu Params (GavickPro) in the quickstart is configured but the template that initiate implement does not appear

If you will install quickstart on sub-domain or localhost you will see all settings there.
Also all settings you will find here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... figuration
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:16 pm
Why the label "time" and class = "gkEventDateStart" "datetime "do not work?'m Setting the date for my events and can not be set, to publish disappear:

Because those are HTML5 tags, and when you save using tinyMCE he cut off those.
I suggest to turn off TinyMCE in Global Configuration and edit this Custom HTML module again, so all code will be there even after Save.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm
Thanks served me disable TinyMCE not the Menu Params (GavickPro) option appears when I create a menu in the Quickstar shown to configure menu:

layout Options
Article Options
Integration Options
Link Type Options
Page Display Options
metadata Options
Menu Params (GavickPro)
Assignment Module for esta Menu Item

in the template shown:

required Settings
Link Type Options
Page Display Options
metadata Options
Assignment Module for esta Menu Item

I need to get the Menu Params (GavickPro) option
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:24 pm
Aaa now I see.. You have to install and enable this plugin: plg_gkextmenu.zip

You will find him inside: gk_university_rest_files_J!25.zip UNZIP !!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 pm
Thanks for the help, one more thing, I porblemas with sliders taking too long to load that way I can improve, and I compressed all at 150k but still the same, I see the official website of GavickPro despite having a large image has no fast charging that problem could help please
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:12 pm
Gavick website uses very good server with lots of cache options.

p.s.
But please read also those post:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... joomla-3-x
https://www.gavick.com/blog/speed-websi ... ess-tricks
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:15 pm
Brother as achieving the fund parallax as shown here:

"NEWS"
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/university
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 pm
It was easy.
Orgianl CSS code from template

Code: Select all
.box.parallax {
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-image: url("templates/gk_university/images/parallax_bg.jpg");
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    color: #aeaeae;
    margin: -60px 0 !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 150px 0 !important;
}

It means that you have to add " parallax" class to this module where you need this effect :ugeek:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:25 pm
p.s.
Did you know that Joomla 2.5 is not official supported anymore, sine 31 dec.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:27 pm
Brother i have serious problems with the time to open my web page i used gkextcache,gkcache, but images are not loaded the second time, in addition the urls of the custom html module "links" error comes up because I believe that boblemente are loaded what is the correct way to use the plugins could you tell me please?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:05 am
Please do not use GK cache and etc. plugins is very often causes strange problems with addcional modules or plugins.
It works okey only with default sets of Quickstart. So leave it. Otherwise you will have white hair soon.
There are so many alternative cache solutions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm
Please do not know of the matter could stranger? It is the only thing that were observed in my work the template is fine, but delay in loading, what plugins use? The most recommended or how to improve any suggestions?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 pm
Reducing number of published modules is always good solution if you have such a possibility.If not you have to cache them.
And if you don't use K2, just uninstall it, because in other-way Joomla will load some libraries which you don't need.

On GK blog you will find also post about to to speed Joomla.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:07 pm
Is it possible to hide the menu title when i display an article?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:01 pm
Sure,
it can be changed from K2 Category /or/ Article Manager -> Option settings
or
Menu Manger for selected items.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm
Thanks for the help, I have another problem with the LOGIN, connecting everything well, the problem is when i disconnected i get this error:

21 - JFile: :leer: No se ha podido abrir el archivo: /var/www/http/calidad/components/com_k2/js/k2.js?v2.6.8&amp;sitepath=/calidad/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:51 pm
My Spanish very poor,, I suggest to enable English strings then please check on official K2 forum
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:15 pm
21 - JFile: read: Could not open file: /var/www/http/quality/components/com_k2/js/k2.js?v2. 6.8 &sitepath= /quality/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:18 pm
Here is the link to my page:

http://www.unheval.edu.pe/calidad/

the calendar module does not work properly when you change of month
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm
Can you update your K2 to K2_v2.6.9, this is last stable version !
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 pm
Hi again, I have problems with K2 Tools(calendar), when change of month comes out of the page showing a white background, I have already upgraded the K2 you can check the address you left on my page:

http://www.unheval.edu.pe/calidad/
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 pm
JS conflicts, too many modules with too many JS.
Disable other modules one by one, to check which one makes this problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:30 pm
I see that the same error (change of month in the calendar)passes in the template that displays gavick university in their page:

https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/univer ... nts-list-1
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:18 pm
A consultation more, in my template when it comes to choosing the position of the modules appears not INSET, but if the SIDEBAR, i need to use the INSET position, could you help me please ...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:50 pm
Please i need in my template publishing position in the inset, appears not could you help me please.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 pm
https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/univer ... itions.png

but what is wrong with "inset" ?
I could publish any module on this position, maybe expect on homepage but it was different reason.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:58 pm
It happens when I want to publish a module in the position "INSET" it doesn't appear as one of the positions available to publish, in the template will be displayed as disabled, how do you active? I need publish in both positions SIDEBAR and INSET
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:31 pm
I am sorry, I see in the template University Module positions, in the sidebar position achieved publish, but does not appear the INSET option when i want to publish in that position, any suggestion please i need also make use of that position
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:43 pm
In my test version (based on J3) as I said before I was able to display "Inset" on the left and "Sidebar" on the right
on article view.

So it's hard me to guess what is wrong with your template.
Lat update for J2.5 version was 6.03.2015: https://www.gavick.com/updates?task=upd ... 13&catid=4
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm
When updated the template, i have to configure from the start with the new template? Or is how to upgrade a component
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 pm
Templates - In most cases all settings will remain, so all will be like before update.
About components update - it depends what kind of component, from my experience I can say that only VM is very unpredictable
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.