Multilanguage site

GK User
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pm
Hi!

I need to do multilanguage site. I have latest versions of joomla and template.
I've done it before and now I've did all the same things (created Language switcher module, copied templates for each language, created all the categories, materials and menus for each language etc.), but when i turn on the System - Language filter, my site tells there is 404 error and he can't find object.
One more thing, actually I can't see even the flags on my site, the language module is just not showing up there.
I've used joomla documentation and gavick documentation to check what's wrong, but it didn't help.
Maybe, I've forgotten to do something?
Unfortunately, i can't give you administrator link, because site for now is on virtual server.
Hope you'll give me some idea or maybe you've already met this issue.

Thanks in advance. :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:42 pm
Hi

When language switcher is not showing flags it means that languages are not configured correctly.

1. Go to module's list in joomla panel
2. Switch to see Admin's modules
3. Enable "Multilanguage" module
4. This module will dispaly a state of configured languages and tells You what is missing.

GK User
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:12 pm
I enabled the Multilanguage module as you said. Here is the results.
When System - Language filter is disabled it on the site shows title LANGUAGE SWITCHER, but without any flags. And Multilanguage status of course telling, that site not multilingual, because Language filter not enabled.
When System - Language filter is enabled site goes down and show that object not found, as i wrote earlier. But with the status is all OK.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:57 am
Hi!
I have some progress. I've changed site default language to English and now i see the flags. :) But still, when i try to switch the language, site can't find the object. And even when i try to go to another menu on the English page, it also can't find object.
Any ideas?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm
Hi!
I don't know what was the problem.
I just did all the thing from the start and now it works.
Thanks for trying to help. :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am
Hi

Glad to hear that. Closing this thread than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.