Typography button plugin is not working on Joomla 3.7.2

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:04 am
Hello,
it seems that Typography plugin is not working on Joomla 3.7.2. This is the error I receive:

(I am developing site on my local machine, but same thing happens on Linux server)

When I click on Typography button, it opens a popup with Joomla admin dashboard.

Is there a way to correct this?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:48 am
Hi

Please go to typography plugin settings. Select the template You are using and resave it.

GK User
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 am
Thanks, this solved the warning, but not the problem. When I click on Typography button from the editor, I get this

Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am
Hi

Please update typography plugin with the one You will find in rest_files package and let me know if it fixed the problem. If not please send me an ftp and joomla panel access to my mail [email protected]

GK User
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 pm
I have used that one. Just to be sure, I have downloaded it again and I see that it was last updated on 26th of October 2016, which means that one is the one I am using.

Same thing happened when I have created one site in March of this year, but with your latest Box template. Since button didn't work and since it showed same popup, I guess this is a bug that is related to Joomla and compatibilities with latest versions.

Same thing happens with quickstart version of this template.

Unfortunately, I can't send you login details since I am developing this site on localhost. I am certain that you can reproduce this bug after you install quickstart version and update Joomla.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 am
Hi

Ok. I see it now. Reported this to programmers, will let You know when it will be fixed.

teitbite
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 am
Hi

Unfortunately programmers are not able to generate this error on their server. They think that the problem may be because of an older PHP version. Please update it to PHP5.6 at least and update joomla/template/plugin to latest version.

GK User
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 am
Hello. It wasn't because of PHP, since I am using latest PHP 7.1.

I have found solution on these forums in other template topic, because someone else had a similar problem. It's working now.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:53 pm
Hi

Great to hear that. Can You please tell me what was the problem and solution, so I'll know when someone else will run into this again.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.