Gk Rooms Plugin custom post slug problem

GK User
Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:24 pm
Hi,
I can't change the custom post slug. What am I doing wrong?
I edited the 'Custom Post Slug' setting from room to apartment, but when I create a new object the url
.../apartment/new-object/ leads to 404. Because the new object is still in
.../room/new-object/ which is the default value.
Could you check this please?
Thanks
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:55 pm
Hello,

Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:12 pm
Hi,
sorry I don't know if you received my pm, because the message remains in the outbox instead in the sent messages. Did you receive it?
Thanks
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 am
Hi,

Yes, I've received the message. I've checked and your custom slug is now set to "apartment" and seems to work properly..
What's the problem with your child theme exactly?

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 am
Hi,
thanks! What was the problem? Because I have another theme installation for another language.
About the child, as you can see there are a lot of style problems it seems: for example the language switcher goes to the right, the gk-top-info disappears and a layout issue with the gk-newsletter-popup.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:00 am
Oh, and for what I could seen also a layout problem with border-title widget
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:41 pm
Could you send me also FTP access to your website?

Joshua M
Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:04 am
Regarding the newsletter - there's a problem with your widgets, Text widget with columns should be added to Bottom V widget area instead of Newsletter area (I've fixed it).

Other issues are also connected with widgets - you don't have Text widget within language widget area, please add text widget with the following sample content:
Code: Select all
<ul class="lang-switcher">
      <li>
         <a href="[pageurl]/language-switcher/">PL</a>
      </li>
      <li class="active" dir="ltr">
         <a href="[pageurl]/language-switcher/">EN</a>
      </li>
                <li>
         <a href="[pageurl]/language-switcher/">DE</a>
      </li>
   </ul>

GK User
Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:35 am
Thanks, it seems that all the widgets shifted its own position to down by enabling child-theme or by editing widgets in the customizer (the only things I did).
Anyway by enabling the child theme there is still a problem that you could't see because I deleted pages and hide Gk Room plugin:
As you can see now (I showed back again GkRoomWidget and I resumed a frontpage son page) this widget column which I think is "border-title widget" is less wide than enabling default theme.
Thanks for your help

ps: please don't forget to tell me what you did to solve the original slug problem because I have to fix it in another website. Thanks
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:11 am
Indoprorider wrote:ps: please don't forget to tell me what you did to solve the original slug problem because I have to fix it in another website. Thanks

I didn't do anything, it was probably a cache issue on your side, or after this kind of changes, please resave your permalinks - it should helps.

Regarding the column width - please navigate to Appearance -> Customize -> Layout section and change "Theme width" option to 1240

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.