Front-end CSS applied to admin area

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:49 pm
Hi Gavick,

I assume this is a configuration issue, but it is quite baffling nonetheless. Today we received an e-mail from a user who reported that their admin area 'looked different'. Upon logging in, I can see that somehow the override.css file has been included, so the front-end styles of the site are being applied to the admin area.

None of our team have edited the site recently so how could this have occurred? How, also, can we undo it?

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:59 am
Hi,

Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:13 pm
Hi,

Apologies for the delay - I've been on leave. Sure thing, I'll send the details now

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:45 am
Hi,
I didn't receive any private message from you.

GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:29 am
Hi Josh,

Apologies - I meant to send another reply yesterday.

We use a plugin called Google Analytics Dashboard by Yoast. This plugin was causing the issue, so disabling it fixed it

Thanks

James
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.