Hard time transtlating plugins and child theme

Questions related to the configuration of Wordpress, themes, and security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:00 am
Hi,

I followed the tutorial to translate a wordpress website but i just can't see any modification.
Here is the steps i did:
1. I changed my website language to fr_FR in both wp-config.php and the admin->settings-general->Site Language.
2. I installed poedit and used it to create .po and .mo files.
3. I named my created files woocommerce-products-slider-fr_FR and placed it in the ./wp-content/languages/plugins directory.
4. NOTHING WORKS :(

I am trying to translate every single aspect of the front-end and back-end of my website. Nothing should still be in english.
Please help, i wasted way too much time in this...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:07 am
Hi,
So you have a problem with woocommerce-producsts.slider plugin only? Please ask woocommerce support about the issue. Regarding the child theme what's the problem exactly?

It should be much easier to use i.e. this plugin:
https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm
Actually the only one that worked is the woocommerce plugin. Nothing else worked. Including the wordpress Admin.
I will try to use the plugin you suggested and give you a feedback.

Thank you for you help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:33 pm
OK, i found the problem. Actually, i had to buy the pro version of poedit to understand that my po file should be name like this wcps-fr_FR.po instead of woocommerce-products-slider-fr_FR.po
Thank you for your help, i found loco translate pretty interesting but now that i have poedit pro, i won't really need it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 pm
I come back because i face a strange problem. In my local environment, the translation works perfectly. But when i upload it, it just doesn't want to work. Sigh please help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am
Please send me a private message with your website backend and FTP access, then I'll be able to check the issue.

GK User
Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 am
Thank you for your help. You were awesome.
For anyone who faces the same problem.
I was careless, i was using a child theme and was putting my .po/.mo in the language directory of my template instead of the child template...
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.