GKtypografphy crashed ?

GK User
Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:17 pm
Hi,

in the template we can dont work with the gk_typography Plugin from one moment to the other.
It works fine over weeks but now we dont have the social icons and the typography funktion in our articles.
the plugins are activatet.

We see as the social icons ony T Y G F not the Icons.

we reinstall the plugins

Pleas can you help us please.

Bes
Michael
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 pm
micpic wrote:Hi,

in the template we can dont work with the gk_typography Plugin from one moment to the other.
It works fine over weeks but now we dont have the social icons and the typography funktion in our articles.
the plugins are activatet.

We see as the social icons ony T Y G F not the Icons.

we reinstall the plugins

Pleas can you help us please.

Bes
Michael
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:37 pm
Ok we find the Problem. If we change in to the server backend the domain from domain.tld to non restriction, so that we can get www.domainname.dlt or domainname.dlt. Then the Template dont find the Icons. Thats importend for us to get them. On the other hand the server make a 301 forwarding.

Do you have a solution for this ?

Template reinstall ?

Best
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:34 am
teitbite wrote:Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

Done !!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 pm
Hi

Looks like it's fixed with Your 301 override solution, so I cannot check the actual problem at the moment. Anyway this report is the only one about this problem, so it's possible it's caused by some specific server settings. I would keep the htaccess based solution for now.

GK User
Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:55 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Looks like it's fixed with Your 301 override solution, so I cannot check the actual problem at the moment. Anyway this report is the only one about this problem, so it's possible it's caused by some specific server settings. I would keep the htaccess based solution for now.

Hi i hope i understand you correct ;-) The 301 comes from the server if we use http://domain.dlt as prefered Domain. It is normal, the server forward all request to http://domain.dlt
In this mode all works fine.

If we switched to http://www.domain.dlt the Social Icons are lost. This is not a server Issue. I think its a template Issue.

Best Michael
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm
Hello,

now we have checked and see in Safari it works.

But Firefox not. We cleared the cache and all but itwe see anytime TYGF and not the social signs.

Strange.

Best Michael
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:04 pm
Hello titebite,

here my last status. If i activate javafile compression (put all in one) over jchoptimize it works perferfect in all browser.
If i use the template optimize functions we get error in the templete logo are. logo was not show. and the social button was showing
in any but not in all pages.

Best
Regards
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 am
Hi

Is Your Firefox updated to the latest version. Now after reading You last posts I remembered that I've had such problem once. I was not able to see FontAwsome icons in FF only and it displayed correctly after FF update.

JCH and our compression script are using different optimisation algorythm. With our some of the javascripts has to be excluded from compression.

Anyway I still do not know why this is happening and why with Your server only. There is not even one report more of this behaviour.

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm
Hi Teitbite,

yes it is a actuell browser. It dont works on FF is running on mac, windows 7 works fine.
Now we have activate the jchoptimzer and it works fine. All what we test with the gavick template optimze function
give us a bad result back.

Page are slow, not showing the social icons, not showing the logo on the template logo position in subpages.

Best
Micha
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 am
Hi

Yes, our optimisation script is pretty basic, so some of the more complex files has to be excluded from compression.

Do You mean that now You have a problem with: "Page are slow, not showing the social icons, not showing the logo on the template logo position in subpages." or was it just an example what is happening after our compression script ?

Generally for page speed I advice to use jotCache, that's the best cache extension I know.

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Yes, our optimisation script is pretty basic, so some of the more complex files has to be excluded from compression.

Do You mean that now You have a problem with: "Page are slow, not showing the social icons, not showing the logo on the template logo position in subpages." or was it just an example what is happening after our compression script ?

Generally for page speed I advice to use jotCache, that's the best cache extension I know.

Cool Thanks i will check the extension.

Best
Michael
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.