Cannot see Widgets or Frontpage sections in Customization

Writer, blogging theme for writers and authors | Support forum.
GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:25 am
I created a portfolio style frontpage and wanted to mimic infinite scrolling by making sure every post appeared on the page.
I have about 300 posts, so went into Customization --> Frontpage and set the number of items to show as 500 (to include future posts).
Since then, the customization page never finishes loading (I only see gray screen and the page title shows "Customize: Loading"), and the sidebar appears but doesn't yet show the Widgets or Frontpage sections. I can go in and change other sections, but I need to get back into the Frontpage section to set the value lower again (assuming the problem is because I set the number too high).

Is there somewhere else to change the frontpage settings? Or is the problem maybe due to something else?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:47 am
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 am
Even stranger...
The above comments were posted when I am looking at the front page when I hit Customize.

But if I'm viewing an individual post when I hit Customize, I see the Widgets section, but not Frontpage.

But if I'm viewing a tag archive page and click Customize, I see both Widgets and Frontpage (but Frontpage section only has a single option inside - "Amount of 1 column entries").
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:20 am
Hello,

The frontpage panel (in Customizer) and options inside are contextual - visibility depends on the page where you are using Customizer - if you are on the single post, the Frontpage Panel is not visible, if you are on Portfolio frontpage - you will see only options connected with portfolio page in this section etc.

Regarding your portfolio posts - try to change this line from template.portfolio.php:
Code: Select all
$articles_amount = get_theme_mod('writer_portfolio_articles', '20');

into:
Code: Select all
$articles_amount = -1;

and it should display all posts from your category.
ref. https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Re ... uery_posts

GK User
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:08 am
I made this change, but the Frontpage still won't load when I hit Customize, nor do the Widgets or Frontpage sections appear.
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.