Adding new social icons

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:37 pm
How to add new icons to change other social networks?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:39 pm
Joomla 3.x template Writer Blogging
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:16 am
sharpns wrote:How to add new icons to change other social networks?

There is a set but there is no list provided to be able to see what the codes are to be able to change them. Typography pages has the Fontawesome list but not PixelLove. I had a look on their site but they dont have any cheatsheet/list so I need to know this answer also.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 am
I'm sorry. I decided to add a third-party icons in this module.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:51 am
I've manually edited HTML in social icons module (just removed few)
Code: Select all
<p><a class="gk-icon-gplus" href="#">G+</a> <a class="gk-icon-linkedin" href="#">linkedIn</a> <a class="gk-icon-twitter" href="#">Twitter</a> <a class="gk-icon-youtube" href="#">YouTube</a></p>

this caused all the icons drop few px and not to be inline with search box and login
not_aligned.jpg

why? :?
Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:52 pm
Hi

While adding a custom html code You should disable using editor in user settings first. Editors add or removes some elements for a propper html syntax. In Your case there should be no <p></p> which was added by editor and caused icons to drop.

GK User
Tue May 05, 2015 3:51 pm
Thank you teitbite!
It's exactly as you said. Even with no edit in editor it will add <p></p> marks just by opening it! Simply disabling editor in global configuration is the way. Regards
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 10, 2015 10:17 am
Hi

I've noticed that JCE editor has a nicer configuration panel where it can be disabled with just one click, so I believe it's worth to switch to this one.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.