K2 video in category view not working on writer template

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:35 pm
Hi I have both the writer template and news refreshed template working on my site.

I've set up a k2 category for videos (using youtube video id in K2 media) and obviously would like the videos to appear in category view etc. This appears not to be working with the writer template, I've checked my K2 settings and they are set to display video in item view, category listings.

Ii replicated the setup with the news refreshed template and the video display works fine in category view, thinking this is something to do with the writer template css?

Any help appreciated.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:42 pm
Hi

Writer template has a specific structure and video does not fit there well, so it was disabled. If You wish to force it to show please rename /html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php to /html/com_k2/templates/default/_category_item.php

GK User
Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:55 am
Followed instructions but unfortunately this does not appear to work. Could you recommend another method or a template similar to writer which can display k2 item videos in category view?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:35 am
Hi

Unfortunately not. Writer is quite an unique design and has some limitations because of that, it's also hard to find a replacement. Sorry I cannot help in this case.

GK User
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:05 pm
What? I don't understand you sell something and this doesn't work?!? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have the same template and just problems. I buy something that doesn't work.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:40 am
Hi

Each of our templates are themes, so because of that some features may be not accesible. Like in this case a vide in category layout where there is simply no way to fit it in the small boxes category layout presents here, but. As said You can check how the default style will look like by renaming /html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php to /html/com_k2/templates/default/_category_item.php

Please tell me what other problems You have, either here or start new threads. Will help You resolve all of them.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.