Side Menu as TOP Menu?

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:44 pm
Hi there,
love the writer template. Before I do a quickstart install (and delete my old site which needs a revamp), I want to know if it is possible to have the side menu in the top position and have it displayed permanently in the top position (even when scrolling).

If this is NOT possible, is it possible then for the side menu to display PERMANENTLY as "open/foldet out"? Without having to click on it?

thank you,
Martin
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:34 pm
Without template customisation there is no header (top) menu in Writer.

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:19 pm
Thank you, I understand.
So is there a way to make it at least permanently visible? Without having to click on it to open it?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:17 am
I guess that wouldn't me the best idea... It overlaps an image and text on it. Are you sure you would like to do it this way?

GK User
Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 pm
Ach, I see what you mean, didn't realize the overlapping...

That really is a problem then. But is it possible that the site content is then resized, permanently. Lets say I if I put the menu with a permanent width with 150px, can't the rest of the right side of the screen (the website content) be 100% width minus the 150px?

Sorry for my poor explanation. But this would eliminate the overlapping.

If this is too much work, is it than possible to have the menu open up by just a mouse over?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:13 pm
Any kind of customisations that do a site makeover, changes layout etc are beyond our technical support. Doing the "hover" thing is possible. I can help you with if you are able to do it by yourself and would need some small changes.
To do this kind of changes you would need to use hover pseudoclass on entire #aside-menu element and create correct styling showing the menu.

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:13 pm
Or use javascript and connect it to currently menu support declarations.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.