Updating Template

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm
Hi, I have just seen that in the template a buttom has been activated to update the template. What is the process please to update the templates, as when i clicked it, it just went back to the site to download once again.
Do i download it and upload the template in extensions again? Will i not need to make all the changes again to the template.

Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 04, 2015 4:26 pm
Generally:
1. Backup first (db & files)
2. Download template package
3. Replace template package files via ftp
4. Bring back override.css from backup if it was used.

GK User
Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 pm
OK, thanks, but all the cnfigurations made in the template section wont change.?
It may not seem much, making the template configurations, but I have 8 templates with 7 different languages, and didnt want to have to go through again adjusting the template configurations.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm
I am also using the quark template on another site, in that example I uploaded the update via the extensions manager. it seemed to do the trick. Is that not correct?
In this instance the site is in 7 languages. Although there are 8 templates in the site, i do not see 8 directories to upload. How does this work? Do i not need to upload 8 instances?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 pm
If you are not changing from Joomla 2.x to 3.x, just on one version, all configuration should stay same and you shouldn't have to create it again.
And yes - you could do it via extension manager.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.