Writer template - Multilanguage support

Writer is a clean and professional theme for blog or personal website.
GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am
Hi,

I am trying to configure the a multilingual Joomla 3.1.4 site using the Writer template.

I have no problem to configure joomla to support the multilanguage feature, but I have seen the Writer template configuration requests to select the Main menu to use, not using the typical menu module that you can duplicate for each language.

How can I configure the template to detect the language menus?.

Kind regards...Antonio
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:14 pm

GK User
Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 am
The linked documentation details the typical joomla multilanguage configuration.

But there are 3 main differences in the writer demo site.
  • Module manager: There is no menu module for the Main menu. This module is usually duplicated to determine the menu module to show for each site language. (In the documentation the module is the Suckerfish Menu)
  • Module Positions available: The main menu position is not available to place a module.
  • Writer template configuration: There is a Menu tab to select a unique Main Menu- It seems that the template creates directly the main menu without using
You can test it easily cloning the demo site and trying to follow the documentation provided.

Regards.

Cyberek wrote:Please check this documentation:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... joomla-1-7
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm
This can be easily solved by duplicating the template (in template manager) and assigning different language menus to each of the copies.

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:02 am
Could you confirm that this is possible please. I have several templates each one for a correspoding language. I assign that template to the corresponding menu-language. But i dont not get that menu to show. The default language menu remains.
The flags are working fine, but the left main menu i find unknown.
A quick reply would be very much apprecited.
Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:47 am
Just to clarify, the second language template is definately showing, as eveerything else on the page including the menu in the footer has changed language, the only thing not changing is the menu on the left. Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:24 pm
Oh my! just found it. It is in the actual template section in the menu tab bit. Choose menu
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm
I'm glad you could solve it out.
Is there anything else I can help you with regarding this topic?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.