Some basic troubleshooting checks when installing our Joomla templates or module goes awry
If during or after installation of our products for Joomla!, some problems appear; first of all make sure that:
- your server is configured appropriately (with display_errors directive set for off)
- your server fulfill all requirements of an extension given (e.g. GD or cURL library installed)
- a package with an extension was downloaded correctly (its size is the same as presented on downloading site)
- a package was checked and unpacked before installation (some packages include a few packages therefore instead of the main package, these packages have to be installed).
- in the case of installing from a server , it has to be checked whether a package was uploaded to a server correctly (the best idea would be to compare the size with the original)
- in the case of some templates (e.g. including Virtuemart component) it has to be remembered about making further steps after installation.
If all conditions are fulfilled and some problems still occur, it means that this problem requires further consultancy and you have to contact our support.
This article was first published